Hammer Suit Power Up - Overpowered?

Come here for solutions regarding bugs or difficulties with playing or designing levels or episodes, as well as tutorials and general information and discussion.

Hammer Suit Power Up - Overpowered?

PostPosted by bosseditor » Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:51 pm

Talking about a specific Power Up in SMBX which is called the Hammer Suit. For sure that one power up you can basically throw hammers if you're Mario or Luigi and if you're Peach she throws heartbombs, Toad is throwing boomerang and with Link he shoots his magic sword. Not only that but once you're with Mario, Luigi, Peach and Toad, while crouching you're basically projected from most fireballs and some flames that are projectile based from the enemies and such.

Now here comes the question. Is a hammer suit power up considered to be overpowered in Super Mario Bros. X (SMBX) since well, with a hammer suit you can basically break like a lot of NPCs and also bosses aswell except if you get hurt during your hammer suit power up usage. Of course you can use that specific power up for utulizing specific gimmicks and other related things but there are peoples that they think that this specific power up is considered to be completly overpowered and even other times be broken especially (custom) bosses.

So, is that hammer suit considered to be overpowered in SMBX?
bosseditor
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Current Project: Mario Adventures - Arrival on Gensokyo

Re: Hammer Suit Power Up - Overpowered?

PostPosted by Imaynotbehere4long » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:38 pm

Enjl wrote:The hammer suit is only op if you don't design with it in mind.

Vinyl Scratch wrote:Build your level with the hammer suit in mind.
BAM! it's not as overpowered as before.

Narumi wrote:^ What they said, basically.

Yeah, that's also what I think. The Hammer Suit is only overpowered if the level creator doesn't design the level or episode around it cough cough Mario Classic cough cough.
Would you like to become part of the longest, most innovative and most ambitious project in SMBX history? Then follow
Image!

If not, at least play the Sonic 3D Blast styled level, then let me know what you think.

I also made this Mode 7 tech demo for SMBX; check it out: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=1302

Join my NSMBX collaboration project:
Imaynotbehere4long
Tweeter
Tweeter

Return to Software Information