Super Mario and the Pile of Motley Levels

This forum is for any SMBX-related ideas or works in development, including and not limited to in-progress episodes.

Super Mario and the Pile of Motley Levels

PostPosted by Imaynotbehere4long » Thu Jun 11, 2015 12:22 pm

Well, shoot. This was a bust. I won't be able to make an episode due to lack of submissions, so I have to request a lock on the thread.

Deep down, I guess I knew that a forum-exclusive collaboration episode wouldn't be enough to bring activity to the forum. Oh well. In a way, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy: people don't come here because there's no activity, and there's no activity because people don't come here.

the old thread:
I'm not good with transparency, so I just left it like that.

Intro:
Welcome to Super Mario and the Pile of Motley Levels, the only community project entirely dependent on what kinds of levels are submitted! That's right: rather than ask for a set number of specific kinds of levels to be submitted, you're free to submit whatever kind of level you want, even Link levels and levels with clash (yeah, I said it). The only requirements are that the level is fun to play (so no joke levels), it's your own level (no stealing), and that it ends in an SMB3 star (this will be a hub-based episode, after all).

Plot:
A strange meteor crashed into the Mushroom World and caused pieces of all of the worlds break off and pile up on the meteor's impact site! Now Mario has to journey to this location and collect Power Stars to restore the Mushroom World to normal. But, is this really an ordinary meteor, or is it hiding something?

How it will be run:
Rather than have a set amount of levels that need to be made, like other collaboration episodes, this will be run more like a level contest: the first phase will involve people submitting whatever levels they make, and after one year (so on June 11, 2016), no matter how many levels have been submitted, the level-accepting phase will end, the hub will be made (with levels ordered from easiest to hardest), and the episode will be released. Levels have to end in a star and would preferably be exclusive to the collaboration. Levels can also be rejected if they're deemed too difficult or too boring.

To submit a level, just send it to me via PM. If I think it's not good enough to be accepted, I'll let you what needs to be changed.

That should be everything; let me know if you have any questions.

Support banner:
Code: Select all
[url=http://nsmbxforums.prophpbb.com/topic5991.html][img]http://i.imgur.com/F1jtCIF.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Imaynotbehere4long on Sat Jun 11, 2016 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Would you like to become part of the longest, most innovative and most ambitious project in SMBX history? Then follow
Image!

If not, at least play the Sonic 3D Blast styled level, then let me know what you think.

I also made this Mode 7 tech demo for SMBX; check it out: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=1302

Join my NSMBX collaboration project:
Imaynotbehere4long
Tweeter
Tweeter

Re: Super Mario and the Pile of Motley Levels

PostPosted by HenryRichard » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:10 pm

Could I just send you a pile of levels that I have no idea if they are fun or not and let you decide which ones are good? I won't include any joke levels.
Someone once told me friendship is magic. That's ridiculous. You can't turn people into frogs make a giant ice palace with friendship.
HenryRichard
Goomba
Goomba

Current Project: Andario: Journey

PostPosted by Imaynotbehere4long » Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Of course! That's the spirit of this collaboration, after all.

Just be warned that I fully expect you to fix and resubmit the ones that aren't fun, assuming they can be salvaged.
Would you like to become part of the longest, most innovative and most ambitious project in SMBX history? Then follow
Image!

If not, at least play the Sonic 3D Blast styled level, then let me know what you think.

I also made this Mode 7 tech demo for SMBX; check it out: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=1302

Imaynotbehere4long
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by murphybillings » Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:14 am

The purpose should be this guide is to provide you with all the information you need to play the game to 100% completion.
murphybillings
Goomba
Goomba

PostPosted by Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:11 am

@ murphybillings:

I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to say. This is a collaboration episode, so it relies on other people submitting levels to be used in the episode. Because of that, even I won't know how to complete the episode until the deadline is reached. Even then, the episode should and will be designed so that players won't need a guide to complete it 100%.
Image!

Imaynotbehere4long
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Imaynotbehere4long » Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:48 am

Just a heads up: my family and I are going to be on vacation from today through the 13th, so any levels sent in during that time will have to wait until we get back.

--EDIT--

I'm back now.
Image!

Imaynotbehere4long
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by arhi998 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:33 am

I do not know what I think about it
He is working on a project smbx original.
arhi998
Goomba
Goomba

Current Project: He is working on a map called smbx original.

PostPosted by Imaynotbehere4long » Mon Jan 11, 2016 1:18 pm

The deadline is halfway here and only one person submitted levels (and it was one time, and only one was an okay level); I guess that a collaboration episode wasn't the best way to try to bring activity back to these forums.
Image!

Imaynotbehere4long
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Evis » Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:57 pm

You and I seem to be two of the few that are barely active here anymore, and I just got here. We'll figure something out I'm sure.
SMBX's return is imminent.

My youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO7kd6 ... qlwj-yOo6g
Evis
Ninji
Ninji

Current Project: None

PostPosted by Frankyster26 » Fri Feb 12, 2016 5:17 am

- Any Themes Allowed?
I will sent you some levels....
MxW2 finished
no sorry MxW3 thread on NSMBX is not available