Super Mario Land Returns All Stars (Very Important Notice!)

This forum is for any SMBX-related ideas or works in development, including and not limited to in-progress episodes.

Super Mario Land Returns All Stars (Very Important Notice!)

PostPosted by goombaguy » Wed Mar 25, 2015 12:39 pm

Main Forum

Subforum (NSMBX Forum)

Fun Site

Introduction

Super Mario Land Returns All Stars is a update to Super Mario Land Returns that was originally going to be called Super Mario Land Returns II, but was changed for multiple reasons.

Announcments

August 30: Super Mario Land Returns All Stars may be CANCELED

I am quickly losing interest in this project, and am thinking about plans for a new one, starting today, August 30, I will giving a one month opportunity for you to help keep this game alive. If you want to continue making this project for me, please PM me (goombaguy) with the requirements...

-A reason why you want to continue the project.
-A description of how good you are at making SMBX projects.
-A screenshot or video of levels or projects you've created in the past.

The person I trust most may have a chance to be given the job as the main Director and Producer.

Announcement History

SPOILER:
March 18: I will be making announcements right here, and also on my signature, for development logs and new features I have added. So far, all I have to say is, wish me good luck.

March 19: I am now hiring. If you want a job, apply quick. Super Mario Land Returns was popular, so this project might be low on jobs very soon!

March 22: A Super Mario Land Returns add on is now ready for download, which adds the title screen and menu to Super Mario Land Returns. This download will only be available to the people who had joined the Super Mario Land Returns All Stars Team, so apply for a job if you want it!

March 24: Progress has been great so far! Title screen and menu is done, I have co-op almost usable, and I have some fixed graphics and bugs that are fixed! I will add some more screenshots and start an item gallery, or maybe even a trailer. Now it is up to you to help me get this thing finished off. Please apply for a job, and things will get done faster than you know it!

March 27: More screenshots have been added so please come and take a look! Also, don't forget to come to the Fun Site to play Super Mario Land, and download Super Mario Land Returns. Please apply for a job because if your do, the project will go much faster, and you will get a free Super Mario Land Returns Add On!

April 3: Guess what? The original Super Mario Land mode is now being made. Take a look at the development log to see. Please apply for a job, or support the game. If you are lazy, and don't want to do any of this stuff, at least give me some feedback and go to the fun site!

April 7: Another development log has been added. But this isn't all. I took some time to come up with a was to add the invincibility star!!!!!! This one actually works, and you don't need to do anything, but run into enemies. Please support this project and apply for a job. You might be able to see the star early!

April 10: A third addon has been added to a entire bundle filled with all the addons created so far. Soon, it will be available to public instead of team members only! I will send it out once I have some supporters and employees. If you are too scared to apply, don't worry, I don't take things seriously. I would like to remind everybody to please come and apply, support, or at least subscribe to my youtube channel to get caught up on development logs.

April 12: A Trailer has been uploaded. Take a look!

April 13: The forum is being updated! Looks cool doesn't it.

April 20: Sure has been a while since I've been here. I just jot Mario Party 10 and some amiibos, so I have been busy playing that. Back to work!

April 22: I have increased the games HP because of some updating I need to do to the levels. Thanks to all of your, I will edit some of the games graphics and levels!

April 28: The Super Mario Land Returns Add On Commercial is here!

May 5: The Super Mario Land Returns Add On is coming in 5 days! I also removed the HP increase because of the days wasted due to graphics that I had to do in order to fix graphical issues.

May 8: I am sorry everyone. The Super Mario Land Returns Add On has been delayed to the end of May because of some major bugs that I have discovered. This means that the release date for Super Mario Land Returns All Stars is being pushed to October. Yes, I am feeling bad myself, but I really want this to become the best game I have ever developed, and having bugs and glitches is just not what makes the game realistic. I will not stop until this bug is figured out.

May 12: Guess what! THE BUG IS FIXED! Now all the game needs is some more graphics from graphic designers. I am still keeping the release dates the same, but that means I have more time to add things to it, such as the new Super Mario Land Returns cut scene!

May 13: I made a brand new logo that I think looks amazing. I also added the story for the game, and I added a story for how this project all started. Have fun!

May 16: The fun site is improved! It now contains left/right navigation, and it has SMB Extreme, SMB Extreme 2, A Link Changes Stories downloads! You can also find me on Vizzed and Youtube using the fun site as well. Come check it out!

June 1: The Add On is released! You can download the add on at the fun site. Also, you can now access Poor Al! A Day Without Pranks in the fun site. Have fun!

June 19: Everything in Super Mario Land Returns All Stars is getting a brand new look! I am enjoying every bit of making these levels explode with amazing graphics and better level design. I will give out more screenshots and others soon as well. And don't forget! I am forming a side project called Goombaguy's Origins. Look at the bottom of this post to see more about it. SMLR All Stars and Goombaguy's Origins will be released in November 2015.

June 27: It is official that everyone wants the Game Boy colors more, so I will now use them. I am so excited to see everything looking so amazing on the Super Mario Land Returns mode. World 2 (Muda) looks amazing right now, but I will keep it a secret for now. If you are dying about the release, please download the SMLR Add On, and install it onto Super Mario Land Returns.

July 1: I am sorry to everyone when I say that the Super Mario Land Mode will no longer be in progress because of it being almost impossible to make exactly the same. Instead I will include a code system to the game. If you PM goombaguy a screenshot of you completing the game along with what mode you are playing (normal or expert), I will give you a code that can be entered in to Super Mario Land Returns All Stars that will earn you either 12 stars, meaning that if you complete both modes with graphical proof, you will get a total of 24 stars that can be used in Super Mario Land Returns All Stars. But don't feel bad, because now there is more time to make much more things.

July 7:

On August 14 2015, Super Mario Land Returns will be 1 year old, and I wanted to celebrate with some cool new things. First of all, I wanted to tell you guys that I have done two awesome things, one for SMLR’s Anniversary, and Super Mario’s 30th Anniversary. For SMLR’s Anniversary, I have completed Super Mario Land with 999,999 points! And for Super Mario’s 30th Anniversary, I finished Super Mario 64 for my first time with all 120 stars! If you want to support Super Mario Land Returns' 1st Anniversary, go to the supporters below.

New Content

Some of the things I have planned may not be ready to be told, but I still have much to tell. First, I am going to begin the Play Super Mario Land for Stars program. This will allow players to earn Super Mario Land Returns All Stars codes by completing levels on the original Super Mario Land. Next, I am going to give out an amazing new video for Super Mario Land Returns All Stars, which includes footage of the ultimate battle against the two Tatangas. I will also add some updated screenshots, an item gallery (finally), and some more development logs. I am not so sure about this, but I might also add a ultimate hero mode to the game, which allows you to play Super Mario Land Returns All Stars without being able to collect a single power up, including 1-Ups. I hope that everyone enjoys the new content approaching, and be prepared for Super Mario Land Returns 1st Anniversary, and Super Mario’s 30th Anniversary.

August 1: This month, we are celebrating Super Mario Land Returns’ 1st Anniversary. To celebrate it, we are giving out a new trailer, development logs, screenshots, an item gallery, and much more. And to top all of that, we are also starting the Super Mario Land for Stars program.

August 9: I want to make this clear. The release date for Super Mario Land Returns All Stars is being changes once again due to many reasons. The project's work will be very slow for the next 3 months. The Super Mario Land Returns All Stars crew will still be working, but for now, I am taking a rest. I will start working again hopefully by December, and will release Super Mario Land Returns All Stars around February 2016. Here are some reasons for why I am slowing work down.

-Parallels Desktop 10 less functional on beta (Yes I use a Mac).
-El Capitan Beta is buggy (Don't trust Apple with betas).
-School is restarting soon (I don't want my grades at stake).
-Frustration (I am getting sick of having to redo things stupid mistakes).
-More time for planning needed (I have a lot to think about).
-Project Activity is almost down the toilet (Please help keep this project alive!).

If you want work to pick up the pace, then please apply to be a graphics designer or level designer, and please support this project to get attention and help make sure this project stays alive. This is Goombaguy, anxiously signing out.

August 15: Super Mario Land Returns' birthday is over. I feel bad, but the content isn't all here yet. Be prepared to send some screens of your Super Mario Land level completions to get codes for stars on Super Mario Land Returns All Stars, and don't forget about the development logs. Also, there is a new poll. Just an opinion.

Downloads

Super Mario Land Returns

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-Ja9ImRstxqckFjcF9veWh5RzQ/view?usp=sharing

Super Mario Land Returns Patch (Required)

http://camalus.com/cameron/SMLR%20Patch.zip

Super Mario Land Returns All Stars Add On

http://camalus.com/cameron/SMLR%20Add%20On.zip

Super Mario Land History

1989 - Nintendo invented the game boy and made a game for it called Super Mario Land.

1992 - Nintendo released a sequel for Super Mario Land called 6 Golden Coins.

1993 - Nintendo released a third installment to the series will Wario as the main character.

2014 - Goombaguy created a remake of Super Mario Land called Super Mario Land Returns.

2015 - Goombaguy released an add on to Super Mario Land Returns giving it more features.

Logo

SPOILER:
Super Mario Land Returns All Stars Latest Logo

Super Mario Land Returns All Stars Previous Logo

Super Mario Land Returns All Stars Oldest Logo

Super Mario Land Returns II Logo

New Features

Easy access to characters and modes.
Cutscenes for more fun.
A new world map.
Co-op compatibility.
Improved graphics and levels.
Levels based on Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins.
New mini games.
More unlockables and hidden stars.
Play Super Mario Land for more stars.
A new Ultimate Boss fight!

Game Plot

SPOILER:
One day, a mysterious alien named Tatanga appears and hypnotizes the inhabitants of Sarasaland, including Daisy. He kidnaps Princess Daisy in order to marry her. Mario then sets out to rescue her from Tatanga, traveling through the four geographical areas of Sarasaland and defeating Tatanga's minions along the way, as well as finding the monsters that pretend to be Daisy in order to fool Mario. Mario finally corners Tatanga in the skies of the Chai kingdom, bringing down his alien warship and rescuing Daisy, who thanks him and takes him back to her castle. When Mario returned to the castle of the Mushroom Kingdom, Wario had invaded it, and released the 6 golden coins holding the castle open. Mario searched for all 6 coins, then battled Wario for the castle back. He succeeded, and threw a party with everyone invited. Meanwhile, back in Sarasaland, Tatanga had fixed his alien warship, and had once again taken Daisy. Before the invasion started, a inhabitant sent a letter back to the Mushroom Kingdom, Mario found it flying through the windows of the castle. Mario took action, along with Luigi, Toad, and Princess Peach. They stole one of Bowser's doom ships and flew to Chai Kingdom, but Tatanga met up with them halfway through his journey. He transformed Toad and Peach into slaves, and crashed the ship. Mario and Luigi landed in Birabuto. They managed to finish their journey on foot, collecting stars along the way. Soon, they have saved their friends from the spell, and flew to Chai Kingdom. The team of heroes finally corners Tatanga, bringing down his alien warship and rescuing Daisy, who thanks them and...wait a minute. This isn't good.

If you want to know the rest, you must play the game and find out.

Gallery

Latest Screenshots NEW!

SPOILER:

Previous Screenshots

SPOILER:
Original Super Mario Land

Super Mario Land Returns Beta

Super Mario Land Returns All Stars

More Screenshots!

Development Logs

Coming this August for Super Mario Land Returns 1st Anniversary!

Item Gallery NEW!

SPOILER:

Trailers/Commercials NEW!

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw6HzdhgbWk[/youtube][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reCOOFkay5E[/youtube][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te-q2Sw_I_I[/youtube][youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5nsZmaJ2P0[/youtube]

Power Ups

SPOILER:
Sarasaland Power Ups

Super Mushroom: The main power up in the game. Use it to turn Mario into Super Mario and break blocks.
Poison Mushroom: You want to die instead of grow? Then go ahead and take it!
Super Flower: Also known as the Rock Flower, it enables Mario to become Super Ball Mario. Allowing him to throw super balls that bounce and hit enemies!
Sand Pyramid: Have you ever wanted to throw sand that happens to appear in your hand? If you said yes, this might be the perfect power up for you! You can use the sand to trap your enemies.
Honen Suit: Have you ever used your dinner to kill somebody? Now you can!
Super Carrot: If you heard the saying that if you eat too much carrots, you’ll turn into one, you’ve been
fibbed! Instead, they turn you into a bunny! Use the carrot to turn Mario into Bunny Mario. Bunny Mario can float!
Crunchy Carrot: Do you want more out of a carrot? If so, you can! Use the Crunchy Carrot to do everything the same as a normal carrot, but also turn into a bolder!

Mushroom Kingdom Power Ups

Super Mushroom: The main power up in the game. Use it to turn Mario into Super Mario and break blocks.
Raccoon Leaf: Only used in the Mushroom Kingdom, the Raccoon Leaf can make you transform into Raccoon Mario! Once collected, you can float, fly, and use your tail to whack enemies!

Unlockables

SPOILER:
Normal Game

Extra 24 Stars: Complete Super Mario Land.
Sand Pyramid: Complete the Birabuto (World 1).
Honen Suit: Complete the Muda (World 2).
Crunchy Carrot: Complete the Ruins (World 3).
Mini Games: Collect 10 stars.
Toad: Collect 15 stars.
Peach: Collect 20 stars.
Expert Mode: Collect 25 stars.
Ultimate Battle: Collect 70 Stars.
Ultimate Hero Mode: Collect all 90 Stars and finish Ultimate Battle.

Ultimate Hero Mode

Extra 24 Stars: Complete Super Mario Land (Same Codes).
Mini Games: Collect 20 stars.
Toad: Collect 30 stars.
Peach: Collect 40 stars.
Expert Mode: Collect 35 stars.
Ultimate Battle: Collect 80 Stars.
?: Collect all 90 Stars and finish Ultimate Battle.

The Crew

Assistant
New Job

Requirement: Must be advanced SMBX user to apply. I suggest that you have no work on your hands.
Description: The helper for Super Mario Land Returns All Stars. In charge of helping with levels and graphics.

OPEN

Promoters
New Job

Requirement: Graphical skill and a way of persuading.
Description: The helpers who show the world Super Mario Land Returns All Stars and get the forum some attention.

OPEN
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN
OPEN

Beta Testers

Requirement: Must have experience to apply.
Description: The person that is in charge of searching for bugs and review levels.

super mario island_x
JeffTheSpiny
MECHDRAGON777
meow flash
Suckerman7 GM

Graphics Designers

Requirement: Must have screenshot of custom graphics to apply.
Description: The person in charge of graphics.

squeaks98
OPEN
OPEN

Level Designers

Requirement: Must have screenshot of custom level to apply. Graphics are needed.
Description: The people who help make levels.

Man1234FK
OPEN
OPEN

Cutscene Maker

Requirement: Must be advanced SMBX user to apply. Graphics needed.
Description: The person in charge of making the cutscenes for the game.

OPEN

Level Recorder

Requirement: Must have good screen recorder to apply.
Description: The person in charge of making videos of levels. Probably used for development logs.

OPEN

Credits

SPOILER:
Super Mario Land Returns All Stars

Director and Producer

Goombaguy

Graphic Design

Goombaguy
zephyr
Blistinaorgin15
squeaks98
Mudkip
Red Yoshi
Bumpty
JoeyFireFlower
litchi

Level Design

Goombaguy
Man1234FK

Beta Testers

super mario island_x
JeffTheSpiny
MECHDRAGON777
meow flash
Suckerman7 GM

Sound

VidtoMp3.com
Youtube
xXchainchompo1
WillRock07
Pogman999

Special Thanks To

Redigit
Camalus
Photobucket
Adobe Photoshop

Super Mario Land

Producer

Gunpei Yokoi

Director

Satoru Okada

Programmer

Takahiro Harada
Masao Yamamoto

Design

Hirofuni Matsukoa
Masahiki Mashimo

Sound

Hirokazu Tanaka

Amida

Masaru Yamanaka

Special Thanks To

Y. Taki
Takehiro Izushi
Hideo Nagata
Makoto Kanih
Nishizawa

Super Mario Land Returns

Director and Producer

Goombaguy

Design

Goombaguy
Squishy Rex
MarioBros12
Black Boo
MarioWizzered
Valtteri
Airship
SilverDeoxys563
h2643

Beta Testers

Pivot40Channel
Airship
Toad5x

Sound

VidtoMp3.com
Youtube
BrawlBRSTMS3
Pikatue4352
Aaron Hubaure
Nutcase170489
GilvaSunner

Special Thanks To

Redigit
Camalus
Photobucket
Adobe Photoshop

Support Now!

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=8796][IMG]http://i1259.photobucket.com/albums/ii555/cameronfoister/new%20logo%20hd_zpsqu0eodkn.png[/IMG][/url]

Want More?

Need to know when new things are happening without looking here all the time? Subscribe to my youtube channel to see development logs and trailers. If you want to, support this project, or apply for a job to get things early.

Youtube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfVurY ... Qv_MGuC2Gg

Vizzed Profile

http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.ph ... ofile=game

Other

3DS Friend Code: 0387-8853-2310

Want Something Added?

Private Message goombaguy saying what you want added to the game, or you can reply to this topic. Not all things suggested will be in the final version.
goombaguy
Ninji
Ninji

Current Project: Super Mario Land Returns All Stars

Return to Projects & Works in Progress