SMBX.org related threads and other concerns

Any questions and concerns regarding the forum may be brought to our attention here.

SMBX.org related threads and other concerns

PostPosted by Kep » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:40 pm

Recently, I've come to think of this forum as a mere alternative to SMBX.org, and more accurately - a place to complain about SMBX.org in, and that's it. The only topics active nowadays are "let's complain about SMBX.org" threads, and all of the boards except Other Business are just dead for the most part.

My suggestions are to:
-Try to gather a larger userbase.
-Attempt, or at least make an effort, to revive the community project.
-Forbid any SMBX.org-related threads.
-One other suggestion I feel uncomfortable saying in the public since it's controversial and is about banning a specific user. (No, krazykat, it's not you.) I'll mention it, though, if the majority of the (active) people here want to hear it, but agree it might spark a lot of drama.

Until these get fixed/resolved, you probably won't be seeing me here very often anymore. I'll still be roaming the forums as a guest though sometimes, just to check in posts, and I'll reply to any posts made here over the next few days.

Bye, folks. (For now.)
Last edited by Magician on Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: This has been made into a thread and moved into its proper forum.

If you want a logo like what you see above this text for your project/signature, PM me!
Kep
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Current Project: Super Mario and the Cavernous Structure

Re: Coming and Going Members - Post Here!

PostPosted by Zeldamaster12 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:44 pm

It's Knux, isn't it? =P

Anyways, I have to agree with Kep about the SMBX.org threads. This is NSMBX, not SMBX.org. It feels like people have been venting their frustration from SMBX.org onto here, and it needs to stop.

As for Knux's analysis, I'd still let him post on his thread, but when it's all said and done, lock it.
nothin but smbx and smf
Zeldamaster12
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by reghrhre » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:29 pm

Yeah, it's kind of a shame the forum practically died out after all that founder election hype, I honestly thought it'd be really active, or at least active enough since lots of people seemed interested here during that hype. People are advertising the forum in their sigs but that's about it.

Though looking back from past experiences (specifically my forum), you can PM people to join and all, but unless the users you invite are willing to stay active and contribute to the forum then you shouldn't expect the forum to go anywhere at all, it'll die out. From my experience, users have lots of interest at first but then they slowly lose it and their activity drops before you know it
reghrhre
Ninji
Ninji

PostPosted by krazykat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:38 pm

I can't figure out a way to make this forum more active unless Joey affiliated with us or something but that's unlikely since this isn't nearly as full a site as the other SMBX.org affiliates.
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

Re: SMBX.org related threads and other concerns

PostPosted by Magician » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:30 am

It was stated from the get-go that I don't want this place to be a haven for inter-forum conflicts, and it seems people tend to agree that I'm letting that slip too much.
There is one thread for it, because it's actually about the community in general, and it's by Knux. We're leaving it at that. Any more than that will be dealt with, and Knux's thread will be locked when it's run its course. In the meantime, if that thread bothers you, avoid reading it.

As for bannings, let's just say it isn't (and shouldn't be) easy to ban someone. If I were to exercise my own judgement, there is one person on this forum that I would definitely ban. However, my judgement alone is not enough. I don't want to go down that route. I very well could, but I don't think I like where that road might lead.
However, if people are to complain to me about said person, it will be taken into consideration especially if I agree. If a user is annoying me, I don't care so much. If a user is actively making the forum worse to a point where it visibly bothers other people, that's something I can work with.

As for "the community project", it is but one of them. If enough people are currently unhappy or uninterested with SM&The Star Sanctuary, that might convince me to go ahead with a very different kind of community project that would operate in tandem. This is a project I could see almost any user being able to participate in. However, SM&The Star Sanctuary will take as long as it needs to. It is a far more ambitious project with a lot of parts to it. Consider that The Invasion 3 was started in 2013.

Admittedly, this forum isn't super active. However, I knew that would be the case when we went ahead with bringing it back. I've been thinking of ways to improve on this, but at the moment they really are just thoughts. I see no major growth potential here either way unless something really bad happens, which I don't want and I don't think anyone should.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by AquaAdminShelly » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:30 am

Smbx has been dead for long. The interested into has moved to org or people got just bored of it.
Nsmbx only has smbx stuff, my sugesstion would to add more variety here and not just regular mario and smbx stuff.

And don't come up with "Thats why we got the Gaming Section" there are just topics that have the game name but nothing other then talk. What i mean is about more editor stuff. Smbx isn't the only editor in this world and pls like i said it has been dead for long and i gotta admit it got boring really fast for me thats why i switched over to Pokemon now.
AquaAdminShelly
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Los Garitos

PostPosted by krazykat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:41 am

We need a better niche than just another SMBX forum. Magician's idea of changing the level design categories was a step forward, but how about making this a general Mario level editing forum? We could have SMBX, SMF, SMF2, SM63, and maybe include SMW and NSMB hacking?
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by AquaAdminShelly » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:47 am

krazykat wrote:We need a better niche than just another SMBX forum. Magician's idea of changing the level design categories was a step forward, but how about making this a general Mario level editing forum? We could have SMBX, SMF, SMF2, SM63, and maybe include SMW and NSMB hacking?

About the hacking thing before the staff comes around saying nope which i don't think they would, we could do it that people can post about their hacks and so but not post the rom of it. Kinda like Mystogan is doing in his forum. We could use isp patches or so bc i saw people did that on some other board.
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SPOILER:

SPOILER:
AquaAdminShelly
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Los Garitos

PostPosted by krazykat » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:54 am

Yeah, ISP patches are the standard way to legally post hacks.
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Kep » Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:59 am

Zeldamaster12 wrote:It's Knux, isn't it? =P

Yes. It seems the only reason he comes here is to complain about SMBX.org and try to stir up the pot.

Magician wrote:because it's actually about the community in general

But no one treats it as so. How can we fix this?

Magician wrote:there is one person on this forum that I would definitely ban.

Please PM me who that person would be.

Magician wrote:If a user is actively making the forum worse to a point where it visibly bothers other people

Knux bothers me to the point where I want (and will after this thread runs its course) to leave, because I don't want to be at a forum where all there is is... rants. That's it. No one wants to be at a forum like this. And, to put it bluntly, if you do, you're crazy.

Magician wrote:However, SM&The Star Sanctuary will take as long as it needs to.

True, but that doesn't justify SM&TSS having hardly any activity at all anymore.

AquaAdminShelly wrote:Nsmbx only has smbx stuff, my sugesstion would to add more variety here and not just regular mario and smbx stuff.

That would be a start, yeah. I'm open to that.

krazykat wrote:We need a better niche than just another SMBX forum. Magician's idea of changing the level design categories was a step forward, but how about making this a general Mario level editing forum? We could have SMBX, SMF, SMF2, SM63, and maybe include SMW and NSMB hacking?

How about give Magician access to SMB Editing Forums and he can get an idea from that.

If you want a logo like what you see above this text for your project/signature, PM me!
Kep
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Current Project: Super Mario and the Cavernous Structure

Next

Return to Forum Discussion