SMBX.org related threads and other concerns

Any questions and concerns regarding the forum may be brought to our attention here.

Re: SMBX.org related threads and other concerns

PostPosted by Knux » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:20 am

If you want a forum without rants (good luck finding one), then why did you start one here?
Knux
Permabanned

PostPosted by Kep » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:51 am

I didn't say I didn't want a forum without rants; I said I wanted a forum that didn't have anything but rants.

Also, I really didn't know the OP was a rant. Didn't all I do was say I'm leaving and point out the things that would make this forum better? That's... not a rant.

If you want a logo like what you see above this text for your project/signature, PM me!
Kep
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Current Project: Super Mario and the Cavernous Structure

PostPosted by Magician » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:54 am

I don't have the energy to reply to this fully right now but I really don't want this discussion to devolve into whether or not it's a rant. It's not, and even if it was, that's an infantile detail. Drop it.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by Knux » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:55 am

there are many threads that do not involve rants
Knux
Permabanned

Re: Coming and Going Members - Post Here!

PostPosted by Magician » Fri Jan 30, 2015 1:15 am

Anyway.

Kep wrote:
Magician wrote:However, SM&The Star Sanctuary will take as long as it needs to.

True, but that doesn't justify SM&TSS having hardly any activity at all anymore.

Here's what justifies it, for me:
I know a guy who's doing an entire game, practically all on his own, and has been working on it for about 6 years from what I can tell, and it still isn't done. Sometimes the project has to go on hiatus because life gets in the way, and that's just how it is. I don't have any more standards for activity here than I would any other person doing any project on their own free time. When there's a lot of content to fill, and not enough hours in the day to fill it, that's just going to happen unfortunately.

The only thing I can use from what you're saying is that as a result of this standard, there are fewer things going on at NSMBX at the moment to be interested in. I can understand and respect that. This is why I would go forward with my own community project in tandem if it came to be a serious problem. With my project there will be less of a risk of it going on hiatus or losing interest, because the content in the community episode will be far more dependant on what users submit and what can be done with those submissions.

Kep wrote:
krazykat wrote:We need a better niche than just another SMBX forum. Magician's idea of changing the level design categories was a step forward, but how about making this a general Mario level editing forum? We could have SMBX, SMF, SMF2, SM63, and maybe include SMW and NSMB hacking?

How about give Magician access to SMB Editing Forums and he can get an idea from that.

Right now we got a lot of users crossposting content from SMBX.org because that's how they see us. It's a bit self-fulfilling that way. The means by which I want to distinguish NSMBX is more than just a different sorting method, though. I want to inspire us to use SMBX in different ways. The reason that it's been so difficult is that it's on me to SHOW people exactly what I mean by that, and I'm not an adept level designer nor a prolific one, just a very technical one with a lot of ideas.

Regarding all of those other editors/means of editing, I'm sure they have their own forums and I'm pretty sure we only have a modicum of people who actually know well how to use them, and my knowledge and interest in any of them is nil. I'm afraid I would have even less of an ability to incorporate those editors in an interesting way than with SMBX alone. At best, NSMBX would turn into a cluttery site with a lot of almost-empty forums even if I did.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by Spinda » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:49 am

The thing about the Community project is that the LDs weren't chosen after their review qualities, but their level design quality, which also results in them being fairly inactive, I mean they're 3 levels they've zet to approve and they're partly over a month old. And that's what's stopping progress.
Spinda
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Current Project: SMB1X

PostPosted by Zeldamaster12 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:09 pm

Forums are down for me... again.
nothin but smbx and smf
Zeldamaster12
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Pseudo-dino » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:49 pm

Same for me. I get redirected to a CloudFlare DDoS protection page this time, though.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
I think Frozen is a pretty cool guy. Eh mkaes ice and doesnt afraid of anything.
Redigit is cool.
I believe in Princess Luna as my Lady and Savior. If you do as well, put this in your signature.
Pseudo-dino
Blooper
Blooper

PostPosted by Bomber57 » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:52 pm

Well, no telling what did it this time until someone takes a good look at it. For all we know it may be dead for good this time.
Bomber57
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

PostPosted by TNTtimelord » Sat Jan 31, 2015 12:57 pm

Bomber57 wrote:Well, no telling what did it this time until someone takes a good look at it. For all we know it may be dead for good this time.

From what showed up this time, I wouldn't doubt it's down for good.
TNTtimelord
Tweeter
Tweeter

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Discussion