My Opinions on SMBX.org (RECENTLY)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

My Opinions on SMBX.org (RECENTLY)

PostPosted by krazykat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 pm

OK everybody, it's time to let this out. You may be thinking, "oh crap he's ranting again," but I'd recommend you read it before you start to attack me. This was originally going to be a rant thread, but upon further inspection it ended up being a huge thank-you.

I'll start off by saying I read through a crapton of threads and posts in the past couple of days just to get a basis on recent events. I have to say: bravo, Joey. Despite your constant bickering with Knux, you've managed to improve on many of the points he's made. While you didn't sound like you were going to while arguing against his posts, you have. Everything about SMBX.org has improved on some level. I'll separate this into different aspects.

Interactions
I've noticed that Joey has been posting a whole lot more interactively with the users lately. Everything from SMBX to Mafia has been receiving attention from Joey lately. He hasn't been moderating like a robot or dismissing users' complaints. He's been treating the users with respect, as well as making the atmosphere on the forums a bunch nicer. I've seen him joke around a little with the users, fix up the home page (which has been a request ages in waiting), and even participate in a Mafia game (which he hasn't done since M4). I've gained my respect for Joey back. Good job.

Staff
Promoting Pseudo really kickstarted this whole "better" era. There are still a few problems with the staff, but I'll go ahead and post my opinions on ALL the main staff here (including DarkMatt):

Joey - See above: Interactions. He's been a whole ton nicer and more approachable lately. I really like the way the forums are going right now.
Valtteri - He was my favorite admin before he left for the military. I don't think he should be temporarily removed from the admins group. I do think that he should have his default group changed to Registered Users, though. That way, people will know that he's not as available as the other admins.
m3m3br0s - He handled the situations that he handled well, but he doesn't really feel like admin material with his low activity levels. Granted, I've seen him online quite a few times, he just doesn't seem to post that much. Personally, I think he should be demoted to a global moderator, since he's great at that. He just doesn't seem to do much in general, though.
Quill - He's pretty cool. I have to admit, if I were Joey I'd keep Quill as an admin. He's fun to have around, but when he needs to be serious, he is. I think Quill should stay as an admin.
GhostHawk - GhostHawk is helpful towards the forums and is great at debating. I do agree that he should be more open about his supposed Nazism, he should either directly say "I am" or "I'm not" rather than dancing around it (this info is secondhand, I have never asked him, but I've seen him reply to Knux before and that's how it feels). I wouldn't care that much if he was, as long as it didn't get in the way of his moderation (I don't support Nazism, but you wouldn't demote someone from a staff spot for being a North Korean dictator, either).
Ignoritus - Igno is a great moderator. He may seem inactive, but he is more active than it seems. He's handled many situations involving me and other users well, and he also sticks up for the bullied.
Kley - Kley is an awesome guy, but he shouldn't be a moderator. He said that his boss keeps him working extra hours, and I respect that, but I haven't seen him online since before I was banned.
Pseudo-dino - The beginning of an era, the era of improvement. Pseudo is one of the nicest and most mature users on the forums, ever. He is incredibly understanding, incredibly selfless, and incredibly good at his job.
TNTtimelord - TNT is a great guy. He apologized when he was being a jerk once, he handles situations well, and he isn't ever too serious or too joking. I've seen him moderate before and he's one of the best. Now, for the one you've all been dreading...
DarkMatt -
Mandatory Ranting Spoiler:
I have a huge grudge against DarkMatt. While I feel it's justified, you may not all feel the same. This being said, the grudge is indeed mutual. Before DarkMatt became a moderator, he was generally a jerk, but he usually seemed like he was joking. He was a pretty cool guy. Then, he supposedly talked to Joey about becoming a moderator, which Joey had already stated multiple time would NOT happen. Many supported it, including myself (I didn't know about him on SMB.org, because I was ignorant and hadn't bothered to do my research). And so he became a moderator. I'll admit I got on his bad side by actively fighting his Serious/Casual level split idea (it turned out to be ThatRandomGuy00's idea as well) as a Level Judge, a position that should've supported the idea I guess. I feel like moderators should be approachable, and DarkMatt is anything but. When I was getting threats from IRC, I reported it. DarkMatt actively attacked me for reporting it, calling me an idiot, a "disrespectable pile of shit", and a "gullible fucking coward." I don't have the evidence, because when I reported the PMs he deleted all the reports, taunting me with messages such as "you really think that'll help?" I asked someone what I should do, and they recommended screenshotting it. I logged back on to take the screenshots, and I was banned. I couldn't get the proof anymore. I hate DarkMatt, so my opinion on him may be biased, but I want him demoted. Many others agree with me, including Knux, Superiorstar, SuperMario7, and SnifitGuy. While I still hate DarkMatt, I could probably tolerate him nowadays, during the era of improvement.

The positive thing I have to say here (this is a compliment thread, after all) is that DarkMatt's recent behavior has been much better. He has made about 5 posts in the past week or so, and none of them were rude, disrespectful, or obnoxious.

Implementing Ideas - I said earlier that I was supportive of some of Joey's recent decisions. This is true. Ideas such as fixing up the home page, allowing general discussion topics, and allowing more freedom of goofing around all help make SMBX.org a better place.

I'd have more to say but I rambled on too much in the DarkMatt rant, so I may add more stuff to this later.

DISCLAIMER: Please do not respond to the DarkMatt section to attack me. You have to understand my perspective on that topic before you start to attack me over it. I've been in various places where I feel like my superiors are my enemy, and that's how DarkMatt treated me. I'd rather know that we have differing opinions than argue over our opinions because they're different. Let's agree to disagree.
inb4 "YOU MENTIONED DARKMATT AGAIN FUCK YOU YOURE IMMATURE YOU SON OF A BITCH
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

Re: My Opinions on SMBX.org (RECENTLY)

PostPosted by 8bitmushroom » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:57 pm

"All these staff are really good."

"OH MY GOD DARKMATT HERHRHERHENSGDGHNxdhFKGFJGJKHGH *aneurysm*"
SPOILER:
ImageImage

ImageImageImageImage
"you want a dickpic" ― Joey
“Two possibilities exist: either we are alone in the Universe or we are not. Both are equally terrifying.” ― Arthur C. Clarke
"Sleep is for the weak." ― Actually, I said that, why am I quoting it
8bitmushroom
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

Current Project: Journey to Starland

PostPosted by Blueoak » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:02 pm

why is this forum literally just people who can't go on joey's ranting about joey's

i mean guys i don't know about you but i'm here so i don't have to deal with them
"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Blueoak
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by AquaAdminShelly » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:05 pm

The constant thing on Darkmatt is getting annoying. Just bc he acts like a bad person doesn't mean he is one. He can be really nice if you just don't piss him off.

Also i agree with Blueoak.

The constant "bla bla smbx.org" stuff is getting annoying here

Oddly enough only people who got banned made this aka Knux, Hawkeyeone and you. Nothing against you guys but pls.
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SPOILER:

SPOILER:
AquaAdminShelly
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Los Garitos

PostPosted by GhostHawk » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:06 pm

Blueoak wrote:why is this forum literally just people who can't go on joey's ranting about joey's

i mean guys i don't know about you but i'm here so i don't have to deal with them

Well it's not like you have the choice. Like everyone who is talking about SMBX.org here, you're banned anyway because of the council thing iirc.

You're completely right to ask nonetheless though.
GhostHawk
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Christian07 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:07 pm

I'm sick about discussion about SMBX.org. Can we stop talking about it? This is the nsmbx forum after all.
Christian07
Spike
Spike

Current Project: The Star of Subcon

PostPosted by krazykat » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:09 pm

It's obvious that none of you read the entire thread.
I wrote:DISCLAIMER: Please do not respond to the DarkMatt section to attack me. You have to understand my perspective on that topic before you start to attack me over it. I've been in various places where I feel like my superiors are my enemy, and that's how DarkMatt treated me. I'd rather know that we have differing opinions than argue over our opinions because they're different. Let's agree to disagree.

As for Blueoak, CaptainSyrup, and RudeGuy, everything in the thread (save for the DarkMatt rant, and even that showed why DarkMatt has improved lately underneath it) is stating why SMBX.org has improved lately. Evidently you made a rash assumption that this was a complaint thread just because it references SMBX.org in the title, I posted it, and it had a rant about DarkMatt halfway through.
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Blueoak » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:10 pm

oh no, i indeed read it
but my point still stands
this isn't smbx.org
stop posting about smbx.org
"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Blueoak
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by AquaAdminShelly » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:14 pm

Many others agree with me, including Knux, Superiorstar, SuperMario7, and SnifitGuy.

>Knux: Knux has beef with Darkmatt for like forever just like with Joey
>>Superiorstar: Isn't really that great to say he hates Darkmatt. He usually gets mad at everything and makes wrong accusations.
>>>Snifitguy: He just gets also mad over anything like when Nien used his avatar.
>>>>SuperMario7: I don't recall SM7 hates him where did you get that.
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SPOILER:

SPOILER:
AquaAdminShelly
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Los Garitos

PostPosted by XerX » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:15 pm

I'm gonna lock this because we do not need another topic to complain about SMBX.org in.
XerX
Dino Rhino
Dino Rhino

Return to Other Business