Hawkeyeone files a lawsuit

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Hawkeyeone files a lawsuit

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:04 pm

I was going to post this on Knux's "SMBX community analysis topic" but I didn't feel it was relevant there.

Anyways, somehow I feel as if the arguments around here have calmed down... Though, I'm really gonna let it out. Fuck just mentioning it in posts, I'm gonna get it out of my face-

This ban is extremely depressing.

When you unban someone, it's basically getting them out because it's not safe for them to be there in society. I went pretty nuts on the day I was banned and a while before that, and was warned a good amount of times about it. In those aspects, it seems justified. But here's the thing-

I'm one of those people that can get along with people as long as everything is going out smoothly. At the time, however, no one would really help me out with anything when I really needed it. Granted, I was a weird meme kid, though... It should've been pretty obvious when I got very desolate about things. I was once so depressed that I cried on IRC one time and changed my avatar to this.

On the day that I was banned, I was in a really good mood before, got a milkshake and then decided to check SMBX.org. And when I got two downreps in one day(though other things had happened a while before then) I went nuts.

Should I have rethought my actions? Yes. I do regret it. But do I believe that I needed some help from a person who cared about me? Definitely. If a considerate staff member talked to me about my problems it would've probably never happened.

td;dr version: I would've probably never been banned if people actually helped me and I believe I deserve a second chance because of this fault.

Also, the "judging people by irrelevant examples" thing. That's happened to me tons of times, I've been a punching bag in the community for a while now and I would like it to stop.

<cry>
"It is perfectly human to understand what you did wrong and apologize for it as a gesture of good faith against those you had to fight with. It's called showing respect." ~Darkmatt
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Re: Hawkeyeone files a lawsuit

PostPosted by TNTtimelord » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:12 am

After reading this, I have this to say:

I'm willing to help as long as you can prove you have changed. Your apology is accepted, but I just want to see a little more.
TNTtimelord
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Magician » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:39 am

Hawkeyeone wrote:Fuck just mentioning it in posts

I appreciate that. What you were doing was bound to annoy people; and you're lucky more people didn't pick up on it and call you on it. However it was still getting tiresome to see.

Hawkeyeone wrote some things in here:
When you unban someone, it's basically getting them out because it's not safe for them to be there in society. I went pretty nuts on the day I was banned and a while before that, and was warned a good amount of times about it. In those aspects, it seems justified. But here's the thing-

I'm one of those people that can get along with people as long as everything is going out smoothly. At the time, however, no one would really help me out with anything when I really needed it. Granted, I was a weird meme kid, though... It should've been pretty obvious when I got very desolate about things. I was once so depressed that I cried on IRC one time and changed my avatar to this.

On the day that I was banned, I was in a really good mood before, got a milkshake and then decided to check SMBX.org. And when I got two downreps in one day(though other things had happened a while before then) I went nuts.

Should I have rethought my actions? Yes. I do regret it. But do I believe that I needed some help from a person who cared about me? Definitely. If a considerate staff member talked to me about my problems it would've probably never happened.

If that's what you really think, then why do you want to go back there so much? You weren't just banned, you were driven away by a forum in which you didn't fit.

From what I can tell, you were really pessimistic about the atmosphere there because you are incompatible with it. From what you said, you would have an entire good mood ruined just by visiting the place. This caused you to get upset and cause drama, which was not only bad for you, but for everyone else. You then got so upset that you made a thread about leaving, and you eventually got banned.

If you can't handle a couple of downreps, what makes you think you're even ready to face that possibility again? Do you expect that the staff would be able to stop you from "going nuts" another time around?
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:00 am

Magician wrote:If that's what you really think, then why do you want to go back there so much? You weren't just banned, you were driven away by a forum in which you didn't fit.

SMBX.org has one thing I believe I covet more than any other person in this community- activity. It's the largest SMBX forum and it's also the official one. Here's the thing... I've been in the community for a long time, as a result many of the members here have become family to me. Being in a place like that where there's all kinds of people just feels nice.

Also, it's official. Somehow that just makes me feel better, not being able to post there just sucks. Don't get me started on the "R.I.P Hawkeyeone" messages Darkmatt started spreading around.

Magician wrote:From what I can tell, you were really pessimistic about the atmosphere there because you are incompatible with it.

Incompatible?

If I was incompatible, there would have to be a forum where I was compatible. I'm not really sure about that. It's like saying black when there is no white.

Magician wrote:From what you said, you would have an entire good mood ruined just by visiting the place. This caused you to get upset and cause drama, which was not only bad for you, but for everyone else. You then got so upset that you made a thread about leaving, and you eventually got banned.

SMBX.org wasn't always such a bad place. I didn't feel upset whenever I went there, only when something stupid happened that somehow had to do with me.

Magician wrote:If you can't handle a couple of downreps, what makes you think you're even ready to face that possibility again? Do you expect that the staff would be able to stop you from "going nuts" another time around?

We're supposed to learn from mistakes, not repeat them.

Also, sorry if I sometimes go a little off-topic in my posts. I have ADD, not as big as in the past, but it's still kinda there.
"It is perfectly human to understand what you did wrong and apologize for it as a gesture of good faith against those you had to fight with. It's called showing respect." ~Darkmatt
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

PostPosted by Pseudo-dino » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:12 am

To start off, I generally agree with what Magician has said.

Hawkeyeone wrote:Also, it's official.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. SMBX.org is in no way sanctioned by Redigit. Just because they created a new quasi-update to SMBX and have the original forum's board style it doesn't really mean they're official. In terms of actual Redigit-promoted officialness, SMBX.org is no more official than this forum.

I do understand the activity part, though.

Don't get me started on the "R.I.P Hawkeyeone" messages Darkmatt started spreading around.

Yeah, I don't think that was the right thing for him to do in any sense.

If I was incompatible, there would have to be a forum where I was compatible. I'm not really sure about that. It's like saying black when there is no white.

I'm truly not trying to sound like an asshole here, but if you're incompatible with SMBX forums (if I'm understanding correctly) then why do you continue to visit them?

We're supposed to learn from mistakes, not repeat them.

Proving that you've done so is quite a tall order.

Look, I'm not really opposed to having you unbanned on SMBX.org, at least provisionally. But, like Magician said, I can't say I really understand why you want to be. It seems like, based on your previous relationship with that forum, you'd likely complain and cause trouble just like you did before. I have no problem with you disliking SMBX.org's staff and policies - but you shouldn't visit it if that's the case.

You disliked the forum enough to post an "I'm leaving" topic. Maybe you should really leave the forum?
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
I think Frozen is a pretty cool guy. Eh mkaes ice and doesnt afraid of anything.
Redigit is cool.
I believe in Princess Luna as my Lady and Savior. If you do as well, put this in your signature.
Pseudo-dino
Blooper
Blooper

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:46 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:To start off, I generally agree with what Magician has said.

Hawkeyeone wrote:Also, it's official.

I'm not really sure what you mean by that. SMBX.org is in no way sanctioned by Redigit. Just because they created a new quasi-update to SMBX and have the original forum's board style it doesn't really mean they're official. In terms of actual Redigit-promoted officialness, SMBX.org is no more official than this forum.

Good point, but it kinda feels like the "official" one.

Pseudo-dino wrote:
Hawkeyeone wrote:Don't get me started on the "R.I.P Hawkeyeone" messages Darkmatt started spreading around.

Yeah, I don't think that was the right thing for him to do in any sense.

Darkmatt shouldn't have even been a staff member in the first place. He has a good sense of humor and he's a nice guy if you somehow get to know him, but it seems like he hates his job and treats users like mere cattle.

Pseudo-dino wrote:
Hawkeyeone wrote:If I was incompatible, there would have to be a forum where I was compatible. I'm not really sure about that. It's like saying black when there is no white.

I'm truly not trying to sound like an asshole here, but if you're incompatible with SMBX forums (if I'm understanding correctly) then why do you continue to visit them?

There's nothing better. And I've still been in the community for a while, why give up my status?

Pseudo-dino wrote:
Hawkeyeone wrote:We're supposed to learn from mistakes, not repeat them.

Proving that you've done so is quite a tall order.

Look, I'm not really opposed to having you unbanned on SMBX.org, at least provisionally. But, like Magician said, I can't say I really understand why you want to be. It seems like, based on your previous relationship with that forum, you'd likely complain and cause trouble just like you did before. I have no problem with you disliking SMBX.org's staff and policies - but you shouldn't visit it if that's the case.

The first step to improving a place is by being able to go there. If I suggest improvements to the site at the site, it would be more noticeable to people than if I did it here.

And I love that gosh dang activity.
Let me tell you right now, I'm glad to be in America. Shit's always happening.

Pseudo-dino wrote:You disliked the forum enough to post an "I'm leaving" topic. Maybe you should really leave the forum?

Eh... If anything, I just needed some help and alone time.
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

PostPosted by Nien » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:17 pm

if you go nuts over 2 downreps and cry over irc and shit, the issue isn't that the members don't help you, you need to directly ask for help.
Nobody is going to just look at you and say "this guy is going apeshit and being annoying, maybe i should help him", you need to ask them for help, and you need to do it in a straightforward manner, becaus nobody is going to interpret "I'M LEAVING FUCK YOU ALL" as "i request some help with my issues"

And since that forum has become a really large part of your life, you should get some advice from your family/psychologist to reduce the impact it has.
Nien
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle

PostPosted by Natsu » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:29 pm

^
I'd uprep this post if would ever have a reputation mod, thing we won't.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by GhostHawk » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:52 pm

Just so we're clear, you were permanently banned and I don't foresee that being revisited by the staff anytime soon.
GhostHawk
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:17 pm

Nien wrote:if you go nuts over 2 downreps and cry over irc and shit, the issue isn't that the members don't help you, you need to directly ask for help.

I did do that at first, but people were like "OH IT'S THE STUPID PIZZA KID".

I don't blame them for that, however. What I blame them for, is that after a while I really started openly talking about my feelings and people still rejected me.

Nien wrote:Nobody is going to just look at you and say "this guy is going apeshit and being annoying, maybe i should help him", you need to ask them for help, and you need to do it in a straightforward manner, becaus nobody is going to interpret "I'M LEAVING FUCK YOU ALL" as "i request some help with my issues"

Fine point, though I never had any real friends in elementary school so my social knowledge isn't really what you'd call... Wide, so I may do some stuff I don't realize at first is wrong.

Nien wrote:And since that forum has become a really large part of your life, you should get some advice from your family/psychologist to reduce the impact it has.

Woah. Dude. It's not that big.

Though, like I said, I have ADD. I'll focus on shit, and chances are I could actually be less close to the forums if I wasn't diagnosed with it.

GhostHawk wrote:Just so we're clear, you were permanently banned and I don't foresee that being revisited by the staff anytime soon.

I know you're a mod at SMBX.org, but... Who knows. I always have hope...
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Next

Return to Other Business