Hawkeyeone files a lawsuit

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Re: Hawkeyeone files a lawsuit

PostPosted by Knux » Sat Jan 24, 2015 10:57 pm

to be fair you don't see a banned user try this hard to get unbanned

to me it shows he's trying to change for the better. At least he agknowledges he's done wrong. I could help him act better socially i suppose, but then again he didnt take my advice the last time
Knux
Permabanned

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:21 pm

R2D2 wrote:I could help him act better socially i suppose, but then again he didnt take my advice the last time

Wait, what?

When did you try to help me?
"It is perfectly human to understand what you did wrong and apologize for it as a gesture of good faith against those you had to fight with. It's called showing respect." ~Darkmatt
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

PostPosted by Magician » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:19 am

Hawkeyeone wrote:
If I was incompatible, there would have to be a forum where I was compatible. I'm not really sure about that. It's like saying black when there is no white.

I'm not quite sure how you could think that the state of being incompatible with something would imply that you could be compatible with something else. It just doesn't work like that? There is no law, systemic or universal, that has anything to do with this. I don't even know how to explain it better. I'd say something like "just because I don't like chocolate or vanilla covered pickles doesn't mean I'd inevitably like my pickles covered in anything else" but that's probably not a perfect comparison... even though it best represents how I feel about this. I just don't like pickles, y'know?
Except pickled turnips. You can put those in and all around my mouth.

Hawkeyeone wrote:
Magician wrote:From what you said, you would have an entire good mood ruined just by visiting the place. This caused you to get upset and cause drama, which was not only bad for you, but for everyone else. You then got so upset that you made a thread about leaving, and you eventually got banned.

SMBX.org wasn't always such a bad place. I didn't feel upset whenever I went there, only when something stupid happened that somehow had to do with me.

That's part of my point, though. You admit that you can only handle when the going is good, but the fact that it won't always be good for you there is probably inevitable.

Hawkeyeone wrote:
Magician wrote:If you can't handle a couple of downreps, what makes you think you're even ready to face that possibility again? Do you expect that the staff would be able to stop you from "going nuts" another time around?

We're supposed to learn from mistakes, not repeat them.

I work for a corporation that I sometimes get very angry with. One thing I've had to contend with is that some things you just can't change. If you can't change it, you need to change your attitude about it.
So keep that in mind when I say that if you want to talk about learning from mistakes, you should learn from yours.
Also keep that in mind when I say that you're likely not to be unbanned there, at least for the time being.

Hawkeyeone wrote:
Also, sorry if I sometimes go a little off-topic in my posts. I have ADD, not as big as in the past, but it's still kinda there.

It's not going off-topic so much as it's inserting self-references into your posts. A while ago you were accused of posting TIAOH stuff a lot. That may have stopped, but more recently you've been gesturing to various degrees about how you feel about your status in the community. It seems to me as though the act has changed, but the attitude behind it hasn't. It doesn't help that you've made more references to being used as a punching bag than I've seen you actually be used as a punching bag. Not denying it happens, but at any rate the only instances of people getting upset with you here at NSMBX have been related to something you provoked.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to lock this mainly because I don't want to come off like I'm trying to get the last word in. I did feel compelled to reply but I also don't see much point for this topic to continue. For the time being, it's clear that you're not being unbanned, and focusing in any way upon what the SMBX.org staff should or should not have done instead of what you should be doing about your situation seems to me not a very good way to react. I'm also concerned that there's a ticking bomb on this thread and that flaming might ensue, but for the time being I'm just gonna say don't do that to people in general.

It's clear that what happened really bothers you. Short of what I've already said, all I can really say is... it won't matter to you as much over time.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by Knux » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:16 am

Hawkeyeone wrote:
R2D2 wrote:I could help him act better socially i suppose, but then again he didnt take my advice the last time

Wait, what?

That time Panda and I tried to help you better yourself and you didn't take our advice.
Knux
Permabanned

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:53 am

R2D2 wrote:
Hawkeyeone wrote:

Wait, what?

That time Panda and I tried to help you better yourself and you didn't take our advice.

Wait.

Didn't that just have to do with TIAOH and not my behavior?
"It is perfectly human to understand what you did wrong and apologize for it as a gesture of good faith against those you had to fight with. It's called showing respect." ~Darkmatt
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

PostPosted by Knux » Sun Jan 25, 2015 10:56 am

it had to do with your behaviour

there was another instance where i gave suggestions for your comic, but again you never listened
Knux
Permabanned

PostPosted by Magician » Sun Jan 25, 2015 11:09 am

This is an old conversation that doesn't need to be rehashed. Just take it to private messaging, please.

I'm going to do what I should have done in the first place and listen to my better judgement.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

Previous

Return to Other Business