Opportunities

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Opportunities

PostPosted by Nien » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:35 pm

So, since my "i'm going to be a game designer" goal has started worrying me for a bit since i live in a really garbage country in terms of opportunities (which i'll elabroate on later), i've thought about what am i going to do in order to succeed, right now, the most viable answer literally consists into getting the sufficient money to move to the USA, since mexico is shit in terms of the game industry/other media industry.

The reason i made up my mind about moving into the USA instead of just thinking about it, is because of a tweet of a person i really admire for what he has done.

(read from bottom to top)
SPOILER:

Translation: "Why is it that negotiating with enterprises in the United States is so nice and interesting, but when you want to achieve something in mexico you get fucking depressed? / Please don't think i'm a malinchist(?). In Mexico, negotiating always goes like "That stuff is expensive", "That doesn't sell", "Can you change that a bit?", "What do i earn?" / But in the united states it's "How much do you need?" "How do we help you?", "We have better proposals for you", "We want to work with you". / In mexico we have to beg, but in the USA, people look for us. / We also have to put up with the same shit from the important personalities in the media / The motherfucking multi-millionare gringo producer with 30 years of experience (gringo hasn't been used as a derogatory term that much lately) tells me "You're doing an excellent job" / But the pseudo animation star in youtube despises it when they can't even take off from freelance works"

(sorry if i may have maimed the translation)

So, as i read this, i realize that i'm going to have to get mega good to be able to get to the usa/the opportunities i need, and that i'm not going to acomplish much by staying here and hoping people help me out with my shit.

-----

What i want to ask you guys is this: Do you feel comfortable with the opportunities you have in front of you? If so, do you think you can take them?. Do you need to change a relevant aspect of your life in order to have these opportunities?
Nien
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle

Re: Opportunities

PostPosted by krazykat » Wed Jan 21, 2015 8:38 pm

First off, I respect your decision. I've heard that Mexico is a generally bad place right now (not just in opportunities, but in almost every aspect).

As for myself, I like my opportunities and options. In fact I'm filling out my choice sheet for high school this coming week. It's been pretty interesting.
but dont get me started on the retarded college project theyre trying to get us to do
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Natsu » Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:43 am

As a matter of fact I'm happy with the opportunities I have. I'm studying on a computing university and I'm practising my drawing skills. The former is actually a backup since I actually want to draw Manga, but if it fails drastically I can always count on my computing skills.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by Hello » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:30 am

If you need a place, contact me in like 4 years or some shit
Bring Polaris along with you
(Yes I'm serious about this)
Hello
Tweeter
Tweeter

Current Project: Chicken Adventure RPG

PostPosted by Magician » Thu Jan 22, 2015 2:58 pm

I wish you the best of luck.

Honestly, moving could be a great thing for you. Even if you're the kind of person who has trouble getting motivated to getting where you want to be, you can really wake your mind just being in another place.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by GhostHawk » Thu Jan 22, 2015 3:36 pm

If you go to the US, do it legally and get as much experience as possible in game design before you even start to specialize. Design some games on your own time and see where that takes you.
GhostHawk
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Nien » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:46 pm

GhostHawk wrote:If you go to the US, do it legally

are u trying to imply something
Nien
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle

Return to Other Business