Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Kep » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:25 pm

Natsu wrote:But anyway, it's not like it makes much difference now.

I think it does make a difference, because you're a moderator. It's not a moderator's job to confuse your own users, and act like Mr. Big Boy when in reality you're only, what, 17 or 18? I mean, in real life, do you talk to your friends like how you talk on the forums? Quite frankly, I hope not.
(A bit unrelated, but you actually remind me of how I used to act as a Project Moderator for TI3 on SMBX:R and a level judge on SMBX.org.)

And also, now that we're on the topic, could someone (or you, Natsu) please explain what the fuck this meant?

Natsu wrote:People by default assume anything aesthetically similar to a swastika as a trace of possible neo-nazi beliefs follower. Just look how long were the entire world debating about how LoZ's third level's map looked like one, and in the end Nintendo meant it to look like a Manji. People are naturally bond to instantly jump to the conclusion of something that looks like a swastika as a possible sign of the one that came with the idea of it being nazistic.


What he said was in response to this post of mine, by the way:

Kep wrote:
Knux, referring to Ghosthawk wrote:Has neo-nazi beliefs. That should be enough.

You imply that if I have a nerd as my avatar, that automatically means I'm a nerd.

Seriously, it's a fucking avatar.



Pixy wrote:Try to use the short form of verbs. You should also try to sound less formal and grave.

No offense, but your posts also confuse the hell out of me sometimes, Pixy.
Image


If you want a logo like what you see above this text for your project/signature, PM me!
User avatar
Kep
Boo Guy
Boo Guy
 
Posts: 160
Joined: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:14 am
Location: USA
Current Project: Super Mario and the Cavernous Structure

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Pixy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Kep wrote:No offense, but your posts also confuse the hell out of me sometimes, Pixy.

Why?
Pixy
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa
 
Posts: 110
Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 7:53 am

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Natsu » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:27 pm

Ok, ok. I get the point. I'll try to make my posts less complex.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
User avatar
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Uruguay

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Knux » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:35 am

PART 6 - SOLUTIONS

I. Council


This idea was approached years ago. It is the idea that we have a community council who make decisions for the entire community, or a single forum. Not all these members need to be of any staff position, but they should be sensible and have a good reputation maintained. This was tried before, and it didn’t work out well because users didn’t respond to eachother very well. The communication problem and the fact users tend to dive to personal attacks results in nothing being achieved.

A staff member wouldn’t be allowed to make a decision unless he got at least 6/12 people to agree, or half of whatever number is chosen. I say at least 12 though.

II. One Forum


We have one forum. Likely Joey’s. There would have to be a LOT of changes in order for this to work, however.

III. Two Forums


NSMBX and Joey’s co-exist together. All other forums removed. Both forums affiliate with eachother.

IV. No Leader


I’ve considered this idea for a while, and in order for it to work we’d need to REALLY fix our priorities.

The idea is that the site founder, or forum founder, is not an active member of the community. We have a council, and all the staff are equal to eachother power-wise. The founder can be contacted by anyone if an admin is abusing their power, and they can adress the situation without bias being involved.

It’s to make sure the council situation is fair, and that things don’t get abused again. Joey heavily manipulated the system the last time and I believe that if he was truly equal to the rest of us, then this wouldn’t happen.
Image
User avatar
Knux
Permabanned
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Natsu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 12:23 pm

A council could work if the members within wouldn't have a "communication problem" which was sort of what happened to SMBX:R's staff near the end. By the time Pepper joined he tried to change where should we handle discussions regarding the forums itself to the IRC chatroom instead of handling them at the Staff Lounge. I actually support the idea, but then again we would need the council to be composed of mature enough members. Also, I disagree with the whole "communication problem" being the whole issue, as another problem this community has is that if things don't go the way we want them to go we just leave, try to make our own place, or ruin the one we are not happy with. That will probably be a permanent issue.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
User avatar
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Uruguay

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Knux » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:07 pm

Can someone tell me how this is a useless post? It's someone reacting to someone else (clearly of significance to vinyl) dying. It's distasteful for Joey to post that in that thread at that time.

Image

and it's also a contradiction. you tell users to stop making useless posts by PMing them, not by making another post that doesn't contribute to the thread at all.

Seriously baffles me how Joey and Valtteri can't figure this out
Image
User avatar
Knux
Permabanned
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:20 pm

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by AquaAdminShelly » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:20 pm

R2D2 wrote:and it's also a contradiction. you tell users to stop making useless posts by PMing them, not by making another post that doesn't contribute to the thread at all.

Seriously baffles me how Joey and Valtteri can't figure this out

http://nsmbxforums.prophpbb.com/post93166.html#p93166

Are you maybe just here to bash onto Joey? And what has Valtteri to do with that oh wait you like to bash him also. Also you like to use someones else signature i see.

Now give us Part II dude.
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

Image
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Image

SPOILER:
Image


SPOILER:
Image
Image
User avatar
AquaAdminShelly
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost
 
Posts: 398
Joined: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:05 pm
Location: One less Problem without you
Current Project: Los Garitos

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Zeldamaster12 » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:32 pm

I don"t think that post was useless to be honest.
Image
nothin but smbx and smf
User avatar
Zeldamaster12
Boo Guy
Boo Guy
 
Posts: 184
Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:47 am

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Natsu » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:36 pm

AquaAdminShelly has a point, you have no right to criticize Joey for something you just did hours ago. Besides, it's kind of tiring to repeat myself but if the staff makes a post to enforce the rules said post isn't useless, it serves a purpose which is to enforce the rules. Drop it with that absurd belief of yours that when Joey or any staff member makes a post to enforce the forum rules it's bound to be useless already. It's annoying and false.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
User avatar
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
 
Posts: 4197
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:02 pm
Location: Uruguay

Re: Knux's SMBX Analysis (Part I - The Community)

PostPosted by Knux » Tue Jan 27, 2015 1:39 pm

AquaAdminShelly wrote:
R2D2 wrote:and it's also a contradiction. you tell users to stop making useless posts by PMing them, not by making another post that doesn't contribute to the thread at all.

Seriously baffles me how Joey and Valtteri can't figure this out

http://nsmbxforums.prophpbb.com/post93166.html#p93166

Are you maybe just here to bash onto Joey? And what has Valtteri to do with that oh wait you like to bash him also. Also you like to use someones else signature i see.


That was a joke. a very obvious joke. don't try act all innocent pretending "lol i dumb and do not know dis" because I know you quite well, Isatis.

AquaAdminShelly has a point, you have no right to criticize Joey for something you just did hours ago. Besides, it's kind of tiring to repeat myself but if the staff makes a post to enforce the rules said post isn't useless, it serves a purpose which is to enforce the rules. Drop it with that absurd belief of yours that when Joey or any staff member makes a post to enforce the forum rules it's bound to be useless already. It's annoying and false.


again, it's a joke. if my post wasn't obvious, then maybe those that followed were.

The irony of that post, Natsu, is that you're now targeting me, and misinterpitating. and I assume that you are doing this on purpose, because i never said that just because it's Joey means it's invalid. you guys do it here, too. it's a stupid rule and it also defines being a hypocrite QUITE well.
Image
User avatar
Knux
Permabanned
 
Posts: 173
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:20 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Other Business

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests