Are there actually any new users coming here?

Any questions and concerns regarding the forum may be brought to our attention here.

Re: Are there actually any new users coming here?

PostPosted by Magician » Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:02 pm

Imaynotbehere4long wrote:On topic:

Maybe you could signature-advertise NSMBX's alternate level-rating system on Joey's forum; that's the entire reason I joined, and it may get other users interested in this forum as well. After all, if people think that this is just another SMBX forum without anything to make it stand out, people will just go to Joey's forum since it's more popular. If you emphasize the site's differences, that would probably help the forum get more members.

Well, here I've been thinking that most people are going to Joey's forum because they prefer the community standard of how things have been done previously.

I want to improve HOW the levels are sorted as well. Both to give people a better understanding of where the levels people make are supposed to go, and to give ourselves a better understanding of the kind of levels people generally like to make so that we can better accommodate a variance in level types that might not be reflected by the current subforums.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by Imaynotbehere4long » Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:34 pm

Magician wrote:I want to improve HOW the levels are sorted as well. Both to give people a better understanding of where the levels people make are supposed to go, and to give ourselves a better understanding of the kind of levels people generally like to make so that we can better accommodate a variance in level types that might not be reflected by the current subforums.

Regarding that, you could take a page from Joey's forum and force users to post levels outside of the level-category sub-forums, then have something similar to the level judges play the levels themselves to determine which sub-forum it would fit in best, or perhaps automatically add a poll to each new level's topic so that all users can vote which category they think the level should be in.

If a certain sub-forum gets too crowded with levels in your opinion, you could play through each of the levels there to see if there's any major differences between them (and thus requiring a new sub-forum or better level judges) or if they're all very similar and people just like making those kinds of levels.
Would you like to become part of the longest, most innovative and most ambitious project in SMBX history? Then follow
Image!

If not, at least play the Sonic 3D Blast styled level, then let me know what you think.

I also made this Mode 7 tech demo for SMBX; check it out: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/v ... =31&t=1302

Join my NSMBX collaboration project:
Imaynotbehere4long
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Magician » Sun Jan 04, 2015 9:27 pm

Forcing users to post outside will probably become necessary, as I've already figured. However, input won't be poll-based. Part of the problem is that people need a better understanding of what makes a level fit into a certain category.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by Spinda » Mon Jan 05, 2015 2:40 am

I don't feel like we need any special kind of user group to determine the type of level, most normal users should be perfectly capable of deciding where their level belongs to.
Spinda
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Current Project: SMB1X

Previous

Return to Forum Discussion