Forest of Illusion

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Re: Forest of Illusion

PostPosted by ErikMouse » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:21 pm

Mystogan wrote:FoI is pretty done. I mean, SMBXtreme is 20 times more active than FoI. It will continue to grow since the original had 70 users, this new one has 43 so far. But yeah. I'm still waiting on you to change the host from foi.org to sxtreme.org. Whenever you were going to.

Right now, I am preparing to get the new domain like I said I was going to do this month, but I am worrying about the current activity on the smbxtreme forum and whether I am about to waste money on yet another domain to replace the current domain on it. The Forest of Illusion is still there and I'm probably still open for any help I can get to turn things around, as I have been preparing for a while to get my stories and stuff up on one of the forums.
ErikMouse
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by reghrhre » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:06 pm

Honestly, there's no point in wasting your time with small forums or even making one, most never go anywhere even if you bug lots of people to join. Most users just visit the place and go inactive as time goes by and the same FEW users are the only active ones. But if you're not aiming to have a big forum then I guess it doesn't matter
reghrhre
Ninji
Ninji

PostPosted by ErikMouse » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:12 pm

reghrhre wrote:Honestly, there's no point in wasting your time with small forums or even making one, most never go anywhere even if you bug lots of people to join. Most users just visit the place and go inactive as time goes by and the same FEW users are the only active ones. But if you're not aiming to have a big forum then I guess it doesn't matter

Well, it was Mystogan that got me to do what was considered a merge, but I still have my ASCII Forum layout and can still take suggestions or anyone who would be willing to help me. I don't think I was trying for a big forum, just some kind of place where I could have my fan fiction stories, rpg projects, and other similar stuff.
ErikMouse
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Mystogan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:55 pm

Right now I'm going to be getting busy with the forum itself and sleepy will be dealing with affiliations. Hopefully we can get some more attention on things. Stuff is still being setup so it's too early to say we're dead and too early to call us small. I opened it last month, and there are 58 people with 1200 posts and I believe 130 threads.

The problem is people arent posting like they did in August, plus a few people who were on the original arent there. There are some new people though. Some inactive too.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by ErikMouse » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:19 pm

Mystogan wrote:Right now I'm going to be getting busy with the forum itself and sleepy will be dealing with affiliations. Hopefully we can get some more attention on things. Stuff is still being setup so it's too early to say we're dead and too early to call us small. I opened it last month, and there are 58 people with 1200 posts and I believe 130 threads.

The problem is people arent posting like they did in August, plus a few people who were on the original arent there. There are some new people though. Some inactive too.

Yeah, I was hoping something can be done to improve things on the forum as I have already gotten the domain you wanted for it, and is most likely due to have something done.

Also, I have put a link to the forum in my signature here to see if that will get any extra attention on things.
ErikMouse
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Previous

Return to Other Business