Forest of Illusion

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Re: Forest of Illusion

PostPosted by Mystogan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:10 am

I mean, Bryan is already an admin there. I was mention i was willing to help out. I mean admin is cool but I would rather be green if it got bigger. I dont think im ready to administrate a large place. I would rather moderate first. I could help with administrating, but if it get a userbase then i would demote myself and let everyone know.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Natsu » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:21 am

@Aysedaesi: I know he is an admin already, what I'm saying is that there are people willing to lend a hand, that's all. And it's really a shame, I believe some experience would help you greatly. No one is ready to do something because they never went through the experience, you would never be able to tell unless you gave it a try. I got to be known for my Moderating skills (some people say I'm a bad Mod but whatever =P) after being chosen having no experience at all. At first I thought it was my big chance to grow in the community, but soon enough I learnt that it would take a lot more time to actually be big here. Just look at me, almost two years of being promoted to GMod for the first time and I still haven't managed to be an Admin. =P
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by Mystogan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:00 am

Oh, don't get me wrong.. I know how to administrate a board. An active one at that. I used to own one in August that made 800 posts in a day. I just don't feel like I want to administrate. It's not that I cant, I just dont want to. I don't like taking care of the database, since my board was hacked and I had to maintain it daily and fix files and everything. Delete/reupload queries. It was a pain.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PostPosted by Bryan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Mystogan wrote:Oh, don't get me wrong.. I know how to administrate a board. An active one at that. I used to own one in August that made 800 posts in a day. I just don't feel like I want to administrate. It's not that I cant, I just dont want to. I don't like taking care of the database, since my board was hacked and I had to maintain it daily and fix files and everything. Delete/reupload queries. It was a pain.

What website was that? It sounds like it was pretty busy.
Bryan
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

PostPosted by Natsu » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:37 pm

Agree, a website with 800 posts per day sounds pretty damn active, in fact, it sounds pretty excessive, rather exaggerated. I'm not saying you're lying, but it's hard for me to believe you. Either way, I believe the fact that you may have been an Admin in the past, but I still think that experience is experience, and everything you could do to become better and gain some self-confidence is by actually lending a hand, what's the worst that could happen?
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu

PostPosted by Mystogan » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:53 pm

Ask sleepy about it. He was the co-owner of it. Both of us were administrators and we had a pretty cool staff. Luigifan was a moderator, and Megaman511again from SMWC was staff.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PostPosted by AquaAdminShelly » Sat Jan 10, 2015 1:52 pm

Natsu wrote:(some people say I'm a bad Mod but whatever =P)

They either jealous or just mad bc they we're not choosen to be one then. Sounds like this to me.
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SPOILER:

SPOILER:
AquaAdminShelly
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Los Garitos

PostPosted by Mystogan » Sun Jan 11, 2015 3:53 pm

Mystogan wrote:Ask sleepy about it. He was the co-owner of it. Both of us were administrators and we had a pretty cool staff. Luigifan was a moderator, and Megaman511again from SMWC was staff.

Remember when I mentioned this place, well I just revived it from scratch.

SMBXtreme is back, but this isnt the place to talk about it, i just figured i'd leave a reminder to the wanderers
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PostPosted by ErikMouse » Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:50 pm

Natsu wrote:@Aysedaesi: I know he is an admin already, what I'm saying is that there are people willing to lend a hand, that's all. And it's really a shame, I believe some experience would help you greatly. No one is ready to do something because they never went through the experience, you would never be able to tell unless you gave it a try. I got to be known for my Moderating skills (some people say I'm a bad Mod but whatever =P) after being chosen having no experience at all. At first I thought it was my big chance to grow in the community, but soon enough I learnt that it would take a lot more time to actually be big here. Just look at me, almost two years of being promoted to GMod for the first time and I still haven't managed to be an Admin. =P

Right now, I'm still willing to take any help for the Forest of Illusion and redo my ASCII Forum layout with the suggestions that have been posted here. The smbxtreme was brought my way, but I feel there might be some conflict of interest (maybe similar to what may have happen to cause Xerx to walk off the team) that I feel like wanting going back to focus on the Forest of Illusion and still hope to get any help here somewhere.
ErikMouse
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Mystogan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:16 pm

FoI is pretty done. I mean, SMBXtreme is 20 times more active than FoI. It will continue to grow since the original had 70 users, this new one has 43 so far. But yeah. I'm still waiting on you to change the host from foi.org to sxtreme.org. Whenever you were going to.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PreviousNext

Return to Other Business