Forest of Illusion

If it doesn't fit anywhere else, it goes here.

Re: Forest of Illusion

PostPosted by Bryan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:44 am

Natsu wrote:Unless ErikMouse were to request it I don't think there's much of a problem, he was the one that wanted to start it on this thread to begin with, I don't see why he'd want to go to PM now.

I really wish you'd asked about this a tad later, I'm taking web designing courses, but I only know HTML and CSS. I could help with sketches if you want but it'd be really limited to me since I don't know much about FTP and such.

CSS and HTML aren't hard to learn, the same goes with FTP. You just have to get used to the FTP interface and get yourself a good FTP client, quite simple actually.
Bryan
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

PostPosted by krazykat » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:48 am

I've worked with CSS before, but it's been so long I don't really remember enough to use it. As for HTML, I made a BBCode with it once. I also helped repair a missing file in an FTP environment once iirc. Not really enough to do anything on my own :P
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by ErikMouse » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:06 pm

Bryan wrote:@Kep @krazykat : Send me your layout ideas and website ideas via PM. I'll also share my thoughts with ErikMouse. Perhaps we'll take them into account and I can do something with those and offer you some credit in the footer. We are not going to be promoting you to administrator or anything. It isn't necessary. Besides, you can't even edit the forum from the administrator panel, FTP access is required to that and I am not going to allow ErikMouse to give either of you two FTP access.

Also, can a staff member please respond to my previous request in my previous post. I think ErikMouse would agree it would be best taking this to PM. Again thank you NSMBX staff.

Right now, the problem with PM and IRC IM is communications, as I haven't gotten any private messages on anything lately, and that probably needs to be worked on. Otherwise, I would like to hear layout ideas and website ideas here for those who do have ideas that can help me with FOI.

Natsu wrote:Unless ErikMouse were to request it I don't think there's much of a problem, he was the one that wanted to start it on this thread to begin with, I don't see why he'd want to go to PM now.

I really wish you'd asked about this a tad later, I'm taking web designing courses, but I only know HTML and CSS. I could help with sketches if you want but it'd be really limited to me since I don't know much about FTP and such.

Yeah, I started this thread because I was looking for assistance with FOI among other things. And FTP is nothing more than File Transfer Protocol, which is basically uploading files to an online server.

krazykat wrote:I've worked with CSS before, but it's been so long I don't really remember enough to use it. As for HTML, I made a BBCode with it once. I also helped repair a missing file in an FTP environment once iirc. Not really enough to do anything on my own :P

Sounds like you will need training when it comes to CSS and/or HTML.
ErikMouse
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Bryan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:36 pm

krazykat wrote:I've worked with CSS before, but it's been so long I don't really remember enough to use it. As for HTML, I made a BBCode with it once. I also helped repair a missing file in an FTP environment once iirc. Not really enough to do anything on my own :P

That's not good.

HTML code is what makes a BBcode, but that on its own is just a small amount of HTML. Do you know how to make tables, position and align things, simple stuff like that in HTML? Well, at least you've been introduced to the FTP environment, it isn't that difficult, you just have to get used to the interface.

Just keep practicing, it can help you personally in the future. Web coding is always something good to have some knowledge on even if you don't design websites, honestly.
Bryan
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

PostPosted by Natsu » Wed Dec 24, 2014 12:49 pm

Wait, now that you mention I know how it works. I never abbreviated so I thought it was something different. I do not have experience on FTP, but I had a brief explanation of how it works on class once. We did not have enough time to practice, but I know how it works, mostly.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by krazykat » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:10 pm

I've also bugfixed stuff in HTML before, but I don't remember if it was HTML5 or not...
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Mystogan » Wed Dec 24, 2014 7:27 pm

I can use CSS and HTML fine. I also know how to use the FTP fairly decently. Filezilla is what I use, and I have knowledge from making my own sites.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Bryan » Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:31 am

Aysedaesi wrote:I can use CSS and HTML fine. I also know how to use the FTP fairly decently. Filezilla is what I use, and I have knowledge from making my own sites.

That's very good to hear.

I use WinSCP and an online FTP client when I'm on the go.
Bryan
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

PostPosted by Mystogan » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:01 am

Well I'm generally on this laptop so, yeah. i also havent coded in a while, I'll need t brush up my skills.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Natsu » Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:03 am

We (judging by what Bryan and Aysedaesi said) are willing to lend a hand, feel free to ask any of us for help and we will gladly do so.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu

PreviousNext

Return to Other Business