Your Manga!!

General discussion about the latest movies and television shows, or some of your favorite classics.

Your Manga!!

PostPosted by Natsu » Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:31 pm

For as deceiving as this thread's title may be, it is actually to post your manga ideas. Do you have a story that you would like to transmit to a manga? I sure have a hell of an amount of them, but instead of posting multiple ideas I'll just post the one I'm the most interested in right now.

Karma (doesn't have a title yet though =P):
According to various dharmic religions, Karma is a transcendent invisible and immeasurable energy that is derived from the acts of individuals. According to the laws of Karma, each successive reincarnations would be conditioned by acts done in previous lives.

Akabashi Natsuki is a second year student. Since the demise of his father, Natsuki has been in the care of his mother which circulates through depression. One day her way home, she meets a Sinner, a mutation which occurs as the spread of hatred, darkness and sadness of a person because of their karma. Being close to being killed, Natsuki is rescued by Kuroi Yuuma, a person who calls himself a Caller, a squadron hired by the Japanese government for the extermination of the Sinners, who then takes Natsuki to the Gate of Heaven where she'll become a Caller.

Post your ideas and debate about others's ideas.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

Re: Your Manga!!

PostPosted by Kyo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:00 pm

Yes man! I've had like, a billion ideas, but only three I've majorly spent my time with. I'll summarize them as soon as I get Internet back on my computer. I'll also read your plot then, looking forward to it!

You know, my dream is actually becoming Mangaka. I've bought a book that learns you Manga-drawing, and I'm registered on a Japanese course that starts February 2015.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:07 pm

I definitely want that book, really. I wish I could find a Spanish translated version though, it would be much easier for me to understand. I also want to learn Japanese for the same matter, I want to learn all I can so I can actually submit a One-Shot of this manga I'm planning, I don't know to which magazine should I be affiliated with, but I think Shounen Jump would be far more fitting. I still plan to keep working on my Knights of Vigil manga (in case you don't remember, it's the very first manga I'm planed to make, and once went by the name of Arkastra).
Natsu

PostPosted by Zeldamaster12 » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:01 pm

I've written a lot of manga-esque comics (only it' read like a regular comic). Don't really do it anymore all that much, but I had loads of idead.
nothin but smbx and smf
Zeldamaster12
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Kyo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:06 pm

Natsu wrote:I definitely want that book, really. I wish I could find a Spanish translated version though, it would be much easier for me to understand. I also want to learn Japanese for the same matter, I want to learn all I can so I can actually submit a One-Shot of this manga I'm planning, I don't know to which magazine should I be affiliated with, but I think Shounen Jump would be far more fitting. I still plan to keep working on my Knights of Vigil manga (in case you don't remember, it's the very first manga I'm planed to make, and once went by the name of Arkastra).

Well, I hope you find one, then! I don't remember that story. But I remember one about a guy who lost his family due to some demonic creatures attacking his village and he became a half-demon for some reason. That one sounded great.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:39 pm

Yeah, that one was called Dark Matter. But no, I was talking about another one, now I doubt if I have ever post it on these forums or not, but it was your typical Shounen manga with an endlessly amount of episodes. It has like 14 sagas so far. =P
Natsu

PostPosted by Kyo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:52 am

Okay, now that I got my internet back, time to respond to this.

When I read the first part, I was like, "Seriously, Natsu? A religious story?". That reaction would probably remain depending on the execution and development, but the second part made it sound much more intriguing. I could actually imagine it pretty well. So yeah, plot is pretty interesting.

I'm going to write the plots of the three stories I've thought about most, and why I cancelled them, at least the first two ones. What's noteworthy is that all three of these stories would be about as long as Code Geass.

The first one:
I think I first got the idea of this plot when I was like, a 12 year-old kid, so it's like, two years ago. It's called "Eternal Curse". I cancelled it because it was a clusterfuck of character development and inconsistencies, and it was a blatant rip-off of Guilty Crown, just that this story is even more inconsistent than GC.

Basically, a great world war happened, and due to the everlasting conflicts, a wall was build around every city in order to be militarily prepared AND not to let outsiders in. Outside the walls, there are only poor tribes living from hunting. In order for the nations to get their necessary share of food, wood, and other stuff, they send out soldiers to do the job. In order to fulfill the job, they do everything necessary, even if it means killing tribes outside their walls to steal their supplies. Due to the soldier's military equipment, outsider-tribes are completely inferior and are being oppressed by the soldiers. If you, as an outsider would encounter a soldier, you'd probably die.

One day, the village of the MC was attacked whose name I forgot. Let's call him MC A now. MC A lost his entire family during this attack. He was the only survivor of his tribe. Filled with anger, he killed one soldier who killed his family. How he survived? He used the suit of the soldier as camouflage to make the others think he was a soldier. That's how he made it inside the walls, only to find out that the situation inside the walls are actually much worse than outside. It's as if the outsider-tribes are being protected from the chaos that's sealed inside the walls. Insiders want to be outsiders, outsiders want to be insiders; that's the result of the great world war. Those who live inside the walls are being oppressed by higher people. It's a lawless place. Many people are aiming to be soldiers in order to get out. There is pretty much nobody inside the walls who didn't lose an important person.

MC A meets a girl who clarifies him about the circumstances inside the walls. Quickly after that, they are attacked and the girl is killed. Now comes the Guilty Crown rip-off part: The MC has the power to transfrom corpses to supernatural weapons. That power is called "Eternal Curse". After everything he saw, his goal is to change the world. He wants a world of eternal peace, where everyone is being treated fairly.

I typed more than I expected, wow. Well, I think I'm going to post the second story another time then. You can read the trainwreck above, and if you did, I'll probably post the second one.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:23 am

Yeah, I'm not that kind of person that would get into religious stuff. But I needed a fitting thread for the main topic of the series, which is Karma. I originally thought of this while thinking of how the main characters of AgK joined Night Raid because they lost something and similar.

As for your story, well, it sounds to me like a mix of SnK and AgK. But I would totally read it nonetheless.
Natsu

PostPosted by Kyo » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:28 pm

Natsu wrote:As for your story, well, it sounds to me like a mix of SnK and AgK. But I would totally read it nonetheless.

Ikr? I noticed that when typing the plot, too. It's a coincidence, though.

Anyway,
Second Story:
This one is called "Realm of Mana". I cancelled because the plot is just way too cliché, and I noticed in order to execute the story properly, I'd have to be fucking smart and all, but I'm too stupid for it. Also, it has a strong start and all, but it takes way too much talking to get interesting again. It wouldn't keep the reader interested. This is the plot:

The main character (I remember the first name, yay! I think he was called Seichi) is a 17 year-old high school student who likes reading books. He read a famous fantasy novel, called "Realm of Mana". The author kept insisting that the world he's been writing of really exists. Up to our generation, it remained as nothing more than a myth. According to the author, Realm of Mana is a parallel-dimension in which magic can be used. In that world, there exist five types of magic: Green, Yellow, Red, Blue, and the forbidden Black magic. Those types are only used for fights, but there is still colorless magic that isn't meant to hurt anyone. Each color-magic specializes one type of mechanique. For instance, yellow magic is specializes speed, while red magic specializes destruction. Each magic has its own capital (so there's like, capital of blue magic, capital of green magic etc), and the capitals have fought against each other for decades. The author said you'd get to that world upon invitation from a magician that was born in that world. He was never able to prove that.

One night, when Seichi went out to buy something to eat, he heard a girl screaming for help. Of course he went to check what was going on, when suddenly the girl stood behind him. She said something like "I finally found you." Seichi lost consciousness and when he woke up, strangers that looked to him like cosplayers due to their odd clothes appeared in front of him, saying things like, "hey, you are the reincarnation of the legendary hero". He was in the blue capital of the Realm of Mana. After the recent war, the blue capital was extremely weakened. The government currently are the black mages, and the goal of the blue mages are to strategically take down the black mages even though they are far inferior in terms of fighting.

Holy shit, typing the plot makes it sound even more stupid than the first one. I can guarantee that this one would have been better than the first one, but there shouldn't be any idiot in this world who wouldn't notice how fucking cliché this story is. I can't believe I thought this was good back then.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:10 pm

It actually sounds pretty good, I really think many people would enjoy it. It all is about tastes, and I'm sure many people would definitely rejoice with your manga.

I guess all that remains is your non-cancelled third story right? I can't wait to give it a read.
Natsu

Next

Return to Television and Movies