Bakuman

General discussion about the latest movies and television shows, or some of your favorite classics.

Bakuman

PostPosted by Natsu » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:57 am

Plot: Moritaka Mashiro and Akito Takagi are pretty much foils of each other. Mashiro, an average 9th grade student but talented artist, and Takagi, an overall advanced 9th grader and aspiring writer. After great convincing, Takagi convinces Mashiro to join him in becoming the greatest mangakas Japan has ever seen. Takagi, with his gift of writing, hopes to become a successful mangaka, and Mashiro, with his gift of art, hopes to marry the girl of his dreams, Azuki Miho.

Type: TV
Episodes: 25

Studio: NHK Enterprises
Rating: PG-13 - Teens 13 or older
Genre: Comedy, Romance, School, Shounen

Source: MyAnimeList.net

I really suggest this anime, such as many others, to you guys. If you ever wondered how tough would it be to be a mangaka you should definitely follow these series including its sequels Bakuman 2 and 3.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

Re: Bakuman

PostPosted by Kyo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:51 pm

There are three seasons with each 25 episodes, so I think it should be 75 episodes instead. It's not necessary to create a thread for the second and third season as well.

And this is an Anime I've been wanting to watch for a long time now. Recently, I've downloaded all the high priority Anime on my PtW list, so they are all on my external hard drive. I'm going to finish all of the high priority ones, and then download all medium priority Anime. This is one of the high priority ones (the others being Chihayafuru, Code Geass, Death Note, Haikyuu, Kuroko no Basket and Madoka Magika, and well, the ones I'm watching right now, Kara no Kyoukai and Aldnoah.Zero), so this is one I'll watch pretty soon. Looking forward to it a lot (hence it's a high priority show for me), so I'll make sure to leave a post here once I started.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:02 pm

Are you rewatching Code Geass and Death Note? I'm quite sure you have watched them already.

Also, I would suggest you to start it as soon as possible, it certainly is worth your time.
Natsu

PostPosted by Kyo » Sat Dec 13, 2014 8:32 pm

I watched both of them three years ago. They belong to my gateway Anime. I watched them even before I watched Clannad. But back then, I was into ger dubs so I watched those two in dub, and that's what probably slightly ruined my experience. I barely remember what happened, and since I'm going to watch them with subs this time, it's going to be partially a new experience.

After finishing Aldnoah.Zero I'll watch Kuroko no Basket though, which has 50 episodes. Assuming I'll be into it, I'll watch Haikyuu after that, because I've heard they're identical. And I actually wanted to watch Madoka Magika pretty soon, so I might watch it after that, but it depends. I probably won't get to watch Bakuman this year, that's for sure. January is unlikely too, especially since I will be on class trip for a quarter of that month. February or March maybe, idk. I tend to take my time with an Anime, because I'm believing that's how I'll be able to get the most enjoyment out of one.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Kyo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:19 pm

Just watched the first episode of Bakuman. Man, that was great.

MC A goes into the classroom and finds MC B with his notebook and his hands. MC A is shocked. MC B says: "What's up? This isn't the Death Note."

But Bakuman sure is demotivating me to become a Mangaka. "Only 1 of 100,000 people become Mangaka. The other 99,999 fail and become gamblers." I hope I get my motivation back soon.

Oh, and that marriage scene was hilarious. Art and animation is pretty damn bad though. It looks like it was produced around year 2002-04

It's definitely promising. Can't wait to see more.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:23 pm

Well that's because major people don't actually have the wish to persuade their dreams, that's actually something you get to see in real life too, so I guess Obata was aiming to represent an argument as realistic as possible (?). But yeah, even though I know that I would totally try, no, actually I would do it and keep trying until I could make something real good.
Natsu

PostPosted by Kyo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 7:54 pm

I've heard about Bakuman being extremely inspirational and motivational, especially for someone who aims to become a Mangaka. But man, seeing how Manga are produces is really interested. It's as if the Mangaka of Bakuman wants to show us how the life of a real Mangaka looks like, its ups and downs, how it works and such.

So basically it starts of with a "Name", which is like a rough script that shows the less-detailed pannels and such. Then the "Editor" comes and modifies the "Name" until he's satsisfied he draws the "Manuscript", which is pretty much a site of a Manga. Pretty cool.

E: Oh, and those manuscripts are submitted in order to gain recognition. That's pretty much as well.

Honestly, considering how hard I'm learning to draw Manga now, Bakuman comes at the perfect time. It might even end up being my favorite anime lol.

E2: I also love how they aren't afraid of putting Manga names in Bakuman that really exist. Most of the times they just include a fictional name, but the MC's favorite Manga (whose name I forgot agai) "Ashita no Joe" actually exists.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:01 pm

Ikr, I learnt a lot about Manga after watching Bakuman. That's why I thought I should start with a One-Shot of various ideas before jumping to some that I got now.
Natsu

PostPosted by Kyo » Thu Dec 25, 2014 8:26 pm

A one-shot is something like a picture that sums up and represents a story idea, right? That's what I'm interpreting from the name. I don't actually know what it is for some reason.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:28 am

A one-shot is a story created as a single issue found in comics books. It is often not tied to the character's canon and sometimes serves as a television pilot to field interest in a new series.
Natsu

Next

Return to Television and Movies