Bakuman

General discussion about the latest movies and television shows, or some of your favorite classics.

Re: Bakuman

PostPosted by Kyo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 5:23 am

Finished the 14th episode. So Eiji and Ashirogi finally met, huh? Quite interesting. And lol Eiji finishing a name in less than a half hour. Ashirogi keeps insisting drawing a mainstream Manga. They have a half year to impress Hattori. Quite interesting.

Eiji is a great character though. He needs more development. I hope this episode was a first step for that.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Wed Dec 31, 2014 7:19 am

I grew tired of spoiling you stuff so I'll be telling you that what you'll see is far more amazing that what you think, just as simple as that.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by Kyo » Wed Dec 31, 2014 8:35 am

16th episode finished. So Miyoshi is trying to become Novel author? Interesting, that actually fits pretty well and is a nice dream. What could theoretically happen is that Miyoshi serializes a Light Novel which gets adapted by Ashirogi, then adapted as Anime with Miho as seiyuu.

And kiss scene between Takagi and Miyoshi. I saw it coming. When Mashiro was going to Eiji's place by bike while Takagi and Miyoshi are outside at the same time, I already imagined that scenario to happen. But it's not generic at least, because it isn't cheating or anything. I wonder if that part meant something for Mashiro.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Natsu » Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:49 am

You seem to be enjoying the series so far, I'm glad that you're liking it.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu

PostPosted by Kyo » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:29 am

Finished episode 19. I found it to be kinda immature for Saiko to break up with Shuujin, just because he didn't finish the name early enough. But they're back on now.

I heard the last six episodes of the first season are supposed to be really good, so I'm looking forward to them.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Kyo » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:59 pm

Finished the first season of Bakuman. Man, that ending was really strong. Gitantei TRAP was finally serialized, so I really wonder how it's going on now because they really only have to wait until they get an offer for an Anime adaption. The second thing is that the relationship between Miho and Mashiro evolved a bit again. They are actually talking even if it's only through phone. Wow, that's actually quite a slow progress, but I like that. And then that cliffhanger, Hattori quits being an editor and they get a new one? Who is that? Can't wait to see how it goes on.

Score:
8/10 Story: Bakuman's story is divided into two parts: One being the dream of the two middle scholars trying to become Mangaka and how they get closer and closer to fulfilling their dreams. And the second is the relationship between the two mains. While this one got less focus, it's practically a part of the Mangaka dream. What's impressive about Bakuman is that those two parts are simultaneously developing, doubling the fascination about this series. What's mildly bugging me is that the romance part started due to an unnaturally abrupt coincidence, and coincidences in a story are mostly used as excuse for not finding a stronger reason for something to happen, and you don't want that in a story.

5/10 Art/Animation: That's what's kinda bugging me. The series airdate is several years ahead of its art qualities, and by several I mean five or even more and that's not good. The animation is consistently decent though. (Art 2/5; Animation 3/5)

5/10 Sound: It's sad that the soundtrack of this Anime isn't memorable. A good soundtrack is absolutely mandatory for a good Anime, because that's what gives you a special feeling about an Anime. If you remember an Anime you love, you see memorable pictures of it in your mind, but if it has a good and memorable soundtrack, you probably even have one of your favorite tracks playing in background when remembering it. Not in Bakuman unfortunately. But the opening is great and memorable, so maybe that if it counts. The sound effects and voice acting are kinda dull.

8/10 Character: There really isn't any annoying character in this. While there is no character I'd favorize (with the exception of Eiji if he gets more development), most of the characters are likable and memorable. The development is impressively done though.

Objective: 8 + 5 + 5 + 8 = 26 / 4 = 6,5 out of 10 (Series is kinda budget, but really intriguing and strong in terms of development)

Subjective: 8 out of 10 (Especially fascinating for me since the topic really wakes up my interest, and it was really fun to watch and really informative as well.

73% (7,25/10)
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

Previous

Return to Television and Movies