Coding differences by World Location

Come here for solutions regarding bugs or difficulties with playing or designing levels or episodes, as well as tutorials and general information and discussion.

Coding differences by World Location

PostPosted by bosseditor » Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:37 pm

So my little discussion I have right there is that on different World Location (example Europe, Africa, USA, Canada, Chinese, ...), the SMBX NPC Codes that you can put in to change functions to the NPC itself behaves a bit different located to the World's Location.

What I found out by that is by specific NPC Coding, it can be very fast, makes the game crash or does not appear at all if it is used on a different world location (my location: Germany).
SPOILER:

Both of these NPC Windows are working perfectly fine on SMBX.
...but on a specific number and decimals can be leading to errors and different behavours if you use it on something like this:
SPOILER:

By that, the NPC can be very fast or sometimes (but that is very rare and can be on specific NPC's too) crashes the SMBX with the error message.

With that, the NPC does not appear inside the Level Editor during Testing and on the "Game Start" itself. You can add that but while inside the game, it disappears just for everything that has a code number size to 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 17, ... (and so on).
bosseditor
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Current Project: Mario Adventures - Arrival on Gensokyo

Return to Software Information