Steven Universe

General discussion about the latest movies and television shows, or some of your favorite classics.

Steven Universe

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:11 pm

It's that show I talk about all the time!

To be honest though, it IS good. It has a very anime-ish tone and if you're a fan of anime like... I dunno, Sailor Moon or something with magic in it, I highly recommend you check it out.

There's also a comic. However I'm not sure if it's available outside the USA.

Plot(taken from wikipedia cause I'm kinda lazy):
In Steven Universe, the world is protected from evil by the Crystal Gems, a group of intergalactic warriors draw their power from special magic gem stones. The four Gems are Garnet, Amethyst, Pearl and Steven. Steven is a boy who inherited a gemstone from his mother, a Crystal Gem named Rose Quartz. As Steven tries to figure out the secrets to using his gem, he spends his days in Beach City doing activities with the other Crystal Gems, whether it's helping them save the universe or just hanging out.

Throughout the first season it is slowly revealed that the four Crystal Gems in Beach City are the remnants of a once great interplanetary civilization of Gems. Most of the locations visited by the Gems are ruined shrines or locations that were once of great importance to Gem culture, but have become derelict and fallen into disrepair during hundreds of years of neglect. The second half of the season deals with this theme in greater depth, revealing that the Gems are cut off from their home world and that the monsters and artifacts they encounter throughout their adventures are actually Gems who have lost the ability to maintain rational humanoid forms.

Last edited by Hawkeyeone on Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"It is perfectly human to understand what you did wrong and apologize for it as a gesture of good faith against those you had to fight with. It's called showing respect." ~Darkmatt
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Re: Steven Universe

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:00 pm

>Nearly 3 weeks since I've posted this topic
>No replies

Bumping.

No "I'VE NEVER WATCHED IT SO WHY IS THERE A TOPIC" replies, please. If you have Cartoon Network on cable, you're set.

This isn't any niche stuff, either. There is a big fanbase for this show, look around the internet and you'll find proof.
"It is perfectly human to understand what you did wrong and apologize for it as a gesture of good faith against those you had to fight with. It's called showing respect." ~Darkmatt
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

PostPosted by Natsu » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:06 pm

If people aren't interested won't search for it or even post here, that's something I'm sure you know better than anyone else here, and bumping won't change anything.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by Mystogan » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:43 pm

I don't even know what this show is. This is such an obscure thing to have a topic for anyways.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Zeldamaster12 » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:14 pm

I haven't seen you around a whole lot, but every time I have, you've talked about Steven Universe.

It's decent, not the best show on Cartoon Network though.
nothin but smbx and smf
Zeldamaster12
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:22 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:I haven't seen you around a whole lot, but every time I have, you've talked about Steven Universe.

It's decent, not the best show on Cartoon Network though.

Then what is. Adventure Time has started to go through some legitimate seasonal rot and Regular Show has devolved into only a shadow of what it used to be- whenever it's not focusing on a terribly cliched disaster plot, it focuses on relationship issues. Because of course that's what me as a 10 year old would want to see.

Every other show is kind of "meh" compared to this. Clarence is nice, but I wouldn't rank it on the same tier.
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

PostPosted by Mystogan » Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:40 pm

Scooby Doo.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Zeldamaster12 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:32 pm

Adventure Time and Regular Show used to be really good, but both started going way too much into relationship problems, and Adventure Time actually has a legitimate storyline, which kinda sucks since I used to like the old episodes when they'd just be going on random adventures. Regular Show, I miss the old ones too. Just random shit involving Mordecai and Rigby and their misadventures, but now, it's like Mordecai is the main character, and every single episode is based around him and his relationship problems (hell, the last episode, he kissed Margaret in front of CJ, I can't even imagine how much annoying drama is going to go on in the next episodes). Yeah, Adventure Time and Regular Show used to be my favorite CN shows, but now, they just aren't as good as they used to be. Still though, Regular Show is on the top of my list.

Clarence, never got into it. IDK, it just feels like a generic CN show, and it isn't really unique or anything (at least in my opinion).

Steven Universe, it's a good show. The idea and plot are pretty good, but it's just not my favorite show on CN. It's up there on my favorites list though.
nothin but smbx and smf
Zeldamaster12
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Captain Eggcellence » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:37 pm

Zeldamaster12 wrote:Clarence, never got into it. IDK, it just feels like a generic CN show, and it isn't really unique or anything (at least in my opinion).

Plus, some of the episodes of Clarence have atrocious morals. *cough* Clarence's Millions *cough*
Captain Eggcellence
Ninji
Ninji

PostPosted by Hawkeyeone » Sat Dec 13, 2014 7:45 am

Captain Eggcellence wrote:Clarence's Millions

ok that episode was just weird
Hawkeyeone
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Next

Return to Television and Movies