How you got into SMBX?

Come here for solutions regarding bugs or difficulties with playing or designing levels or episodes, as well as tutorials and general information and discussion.

Re: How you got into SMBX?

PostPosted by bosseditor » Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:01 pm

My story.

At first in 2007 I thought of an Mario game where you can edit your own level. I searched through the internet until I found a game that is called "Super Mario Flash". I was happy for the level editor.

At 2007-2008 I looked on specific websites until I found another editor that is called "Mario Builder v4", the latest version of this game (now this game is keep updating) and here I was more happier because you can actually make an overworld map too.

The time of 2009-2010 (2011?) where SMBX has occured I want to really know if you can make some levels by it. After I checked multiple websites there is a SMBX that has a download button. I downloaded it and I already can say this editing software is perfect for me to make some awesome platforming games. Well, that is my wish: Making my own game/levels about platforming.
bosseditor
Boomerang Bro
Boomerang Bro

Current Project: Mario Adventures - Arrival on Gensokyo

PostPosted by SuperMario7 » Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:43 pm

I got interest in designing mario levels, I used Mario Flash and stuff and that was fun. But then by brother SnifitGuy found SMBX and downloaded it. I didn't have much interest in its level design capabilities at that time, but I had lots of fun playing the Princess Cliche, TGCA, and The Invasion. Finally I learned how to use the editor and I made some levels. I started a project, cancelled it early on, then started a new one. They never really got anywhere, and they were all pretty similar looking back on them. Finally, i joined the forums in late 2012 after using SMBX for 2-3 years (not sure how long exactly). That's basically it, but not totally in depth because I've told this story a couple times now. =P
--SuperMario7--

Super Mario Legends has been revived! Please check it out be clicking the banner below!

I support:

SuperMario7
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Super Mario Legends Part I

PostPosted by krazykat » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:04 pm

I knew about it since its release but couldn't get it until 1.3 since I had a Mac.
I finally inherited by brother's laptop so that's my first SMBX experience.

I started with SMF and SM63
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Magna » Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:11 pm

I think I found the site as an ad somewhere and it traced me to the old site. So yeah, good times.
Magna
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Zeldamaster12 » Wed Nov 19, 2014 10:16 am

I've been a part of the SMF community since 2009. One of my old friends 7SuperMarioBros7 showed me SMBX in September of 2013, so I decided to try it out. I haven't been active until recently though.
nothin but smbx and smf
Zeldamaster12
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by glitch4 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:46 am

my history of smbx :

2008, i found supermariobrothers.org

2009 (9yrs old being), I found an SMBX and SmoshMaster101.

2010, I started to do terrible levels and copies from smoshmaster101 that he did.

2011- 2013 didnt do nothing at all in smbx until may 2013 when i was signed up at knux forums and started doing this.

2013may - 20?? I continue life with SMBX and other stuff.
glitch4
Spiny
Spiny

Previous

Return to Software Information