[Episode] Bowser's Brain Control Takeover

Extract to your worlds folder and play SMBX games! Other instructions may apply.

[Episode] Bowser's Brain Control Takeover

PostPosted by AquaAdminShelly » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:35 am

This Episode was released back in 2011 by FallingSnow. It hasn't been reposted yet not even in Joey's forum since i'm not sure if he even has it anymore. Since i had it i though about reuploading it and give it out here for the people to play a really good episode.

I do not claim anything in this as stated in the ORIGINAL Post by Fallingsnow which i posted under this text.

Original Post by Fallingsnow:

"Bowser's Brain Control Takeover
A Super Mario Brothers X Episode
Created by Blaarg and FallingSnow

Today is July 16th, 2011. After one whole year, Bowser's Brain Control Takeover (BBCT) has finally been released. It took a long time to perfect things and make this episode on of the best. Blaarg and I worked hard to bring you this, BBCT. The episode was tested thoroughly to remove as many of the annoying bugs and glitches as possible. We both hope that you enjoy playing BBCT and have loads of fun.

The Story Behind It
What's BBCT all about? Well, Peach went out on a stroll one afternoon in the Mushroom Kingdom with one of her Toads. After much difficulty, the Toad was able to persuade Princess Peach to follow him far from her castle. When Bowser appeared behind a hill, the Toad handed Peach over to him. What was the reason for this? The Toad had been brainwashed!

This was not a normal occurrence in the Mushroom Kindgom. In fact, it had never happened before. Kind Toads had never been brainwashed. Bowser sent out fashionable helmets all over the Mushroom Kindgom to turn the nice characters we all know into evil monsters. The only was to stop this madness is to strike down the source of this brain-controlling, Bowser's Castle.

The Mario Brothers must defeat Bowser at his castle. They will encounter many trials, difficult puzzles, and secrets along their way. Can you help them defeat the menace, Bowser?

A Little About BBCT
Let's learn a little bit about the game. Bowser's Brain Control Takeover contains nine different worlds, each with a different theme. As you progress through the game, difficulty greatly rises from simple to challenging and then later to very difficult. Don't get used to the simplicity of the first few worlds (WARNING: Some levels of this episode may cause anger, rage, and stress. Stay calm for best results).

Throughout the game, you will pass through the following worlds: Green Grasslands, Icy Icicle Island, Isolated Caverns, Beach-side Badlands, Haunted Mansion Resort, Desert Dunes, Land of the Goombas, Lava Lake, and Stardust Isle. Each of these worlds includes four main levels and one bonus game (Except Worlds 7,8, and 9). The bonus games are great opportunities to have fun and earn valuable items. This adds up to a total of 41 levels for you to enjoy (Or an estimated 4+ hours of gameplay). You'll have fun (for a while at least ;P ).

Let's look at some screenshots!

SPOILER:

Created by:
Blaarg - Leader
FallingSnow - Co-Leader
Hunter2258 - Level Designer
Red_Yoshi - Beta Tester and Graphic Designer

Also thanks to all the people who created graphics for SMBX. Red_Yoshi's graphic pack was very helpful in sprucing up the levels. :)

The Episode
Image"
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SPOILER:

SPOILER:
AquaAdminShelly
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Los Garitos

Re: [Episode] Bowser's Brain Control Takeover

PostPosted by Natsu » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:01 am

I always wanted to try this episode out, seeing as it was praised for being a good episode, although people got later on tired of it. Still the impact it provoked was outstanding, I might try it later. Great contribution.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by Sezixor » Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:11 am

It’s definitely been a while since I last heard of this episode. I watched as303298's playthrough of it back in the day, but I never had the chance to actually play it for myself. I'll try it out sometime soon.
Sezixor
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Current Project: Super Mario First Class

PostPosted by Kyo » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:00 am

Yeah, this episode was heavily criticized for being boring and uninteresting. Only the first two worlds are enjoyable, the rest is just tiring.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Mystogan » Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:12 am

Kyo wrote:Yeah, this episode was heavily criticized for being boring and uninteresting. Only the first two worlds are enjoyable, the rest is just tiring.

That doesn't sound very pleasing to play then, usually something that's all around fun, and very adventurous would be worth playing. Sounds like this doesnt fit that.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Squishy Rex » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:05 am

I never finished playing this episode, come to think of it, I never got past the second or third ice level of World 2. It drove me up the wall to be completely honest. Regardless of that fact, it is definitely a great concept and a timeless episode from back in the day, despite the few flaws it had in terms of gameplay. It wasn't the greatest episode out there, but it really is good to see that people still have it.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

I Support:
Squishy Rex
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Current Project: Utopia

PostPosted by LukasSmbx » Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:20 pm

Ah yes, that good old episode, one of the first episodes i really enjoyed. Ahh, good times. <;)>
LukasSmbx
Red Koopa
Red Koopa

PostPosted by Darkonius Mavakar » Sun Nov 23, 2014 3:13 am

This is one of those episodes that give up after world 2.
it's not bad, but it's not good either.
http://darkonius64.deviantart.com/
<Valtteri> Knux please shove a rusty fork in your anus
[18:08] == Valtries was kicked from #D-club by Darkonius64 [YOU HAVE NO DONGS TO EXPAND]

ImageImage

I'll be away for a while because school and irl stuff, i'll try checking the forums and work on SMBX stuff everytime i have the possibility.
Darkonius Mavakar
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Return to Completed Episodes