Sm4sh Thread

What? There are games that aren't Super Mario Bros. X?

Re: Sm4sh Thread

PostPosted by krazykat » Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:56 pm

Blueoak wrote:I'm sure there are a few out there who kick ass with Olimar.

I ran into one of those the other day.
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Mystogan » Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:09 pm

Blueoak wrote:Oh yes, top by USE. But that doesn't automatically make them the best characters ever and make everyone else unusable - I'm sure there are a few out there who kick ass with Olimar.

I didnt say that. But yeah, use is part of what make up tiering. Olimar was S tier in Brawl, I don't know if that's still relevant. Not sure if tiers are made up in 3DS and U yet. What about that Apex Tournament 2015?

Also, Greninja was top tier too, iirc
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Pseudo-dino » Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:23 pm

Yeah, Ganon is still pretty bad, but he's a punish-based character. If the opponent doesn't know what's safe to use against him, they are going to get seriously fucked up.

Also, Olimar was high tier (3/39 or something) in Brawl, but not S tier. I'm pretty sure Ice Climbers were the only fighter in S tier, and Meta Knight was SS tier above him. Meta Knight was pretty broken.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
I think Frozen is a pretty cool guy. Eh mkaes ice and doesnt afraid of anything.
Redigit is cool.
I believe in Princess Luna as my Lady and Savior. If you do as well, put this in your signature.
Pseudo-dino
Blooper
Blooper

PostPosted by SilverDeoxys563 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:14 pm

Pseudo-dino wrote:Meta Knight was pretty broken.

I'm getting the hang of SSB3DS Meta Knight. He's still apparently really high tier--I'd say I'm about as good with him now as I was with Greninja, but I'm not sure how good he actually is now. Hint hint, the next tournament...

But uh, speaking of tournaments, let's turn our heads to another recent aspect of Sm4sh:

http://kotaku.com/amiibo-nearly-wins-sm ... 1662901112

I bought the Samus amiibo without any plans to actually use it. My gosh, it looks BEAUTIFUL. I'm now looking to get a Wii U this week around Black Friday--I wonder what sorts of Cleverbot trickery amiibos can pull on me?
ImageImage
<Ragont> as303298 the movie.wmmp
http://www.youtube.com/user/SilverDeoxys563
In these days, I feel particularly blessed, contented, thankful, and inspired to be Christian.
SilverDeoxys563
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Pseudo-dino » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:14 am

^
Amiibos shouldn't be allowed in tournaments though, it's not widespread knowledge but they get damage and knockback buffs via training apparently. It's cool to enter them and they're great in general in but they don't fight fair in terms of competitive play. It's pretty great that their AI (and attack boosts) allowed it to get that far, of course.

Meta Knight in Sm4sh doesn't seem that good to me honestly. He's lost so much reach compared to Brawl it's just silly. I feel like his attacks are always bullshit-missing because the sword trails are often longer than the actual hotboxes. He still might have a lot of potential, but he's a hell of a lot harder to pick up than in Brawl. I commend you for training with him though, and I'd be excited to play against you in one of Yoshibrothers' tournaments.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
I think Frozen is a pretty cool guy. Eh mkaes ice and doesnt afraid of anything.
Redigit is cool.
I believe in Princess Luna as my Lady and Savior. If you do as well, put this in your signature.
Pseudo-dino
Blooper
Blooper

PostPosted by Mystogan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:47 pm

Yeah, but the Ice Climbers aren't in Sm4sh, they took them out. Basically Rosalina is the replacement, since you can fight with Luma as well as Rosalina.

I can see Captain Falcon being around A tier or S myself as well, since I've met quite a few who know how to use him really efficiently.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PostPosted by Sezixor » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:30 am

I just bought the game yesterday (I had just bought a Wii U a few days before that) and I think it's great so far. The brawl portion is really well done, and I like some of the new characters and items they've added. Though, I'm really disappointed about what they did with the campaign. The one in the previous game was completely epic, but I found the one in this to be the opposite.

Disregarding the campaign, I am still very satisfied with this. My brother and I brawled until two in the morning last night (he being King Dedede and me almost always being Bowser). It was a lot of fun.
Sezixor
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Current Project: Super Mario First Class

PostPosted by Mystogan » Fri Nov 28, 2014 10:45 am

Same with me last night, for the most part. We unlocked Mr. Game and Watch, and I was using him, spamming his (<-/-> + B) move. Because it's just like luigi's ground up + b, or a baseball bat if you hit someone with a 9.

He can be really resourceful. I also did some practice with Wario, and Lucina. My two mains. Little Mac, Link and Lucario are frequently used by me as well though.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PostPosted by Spinda » Fri Jan 09, 2015 10:22 am

Mystogan wrote:Same with me last night, for the most part. We unlocked Mr. Game and Watch, and I was using him, spamming his (<-/-> + B) move. Because it's just like luigi's ground up + b, or a baseball bat if you hit someone with a 9.

He can be really resourceful. I also did some practice with Wario, and Lucina. My two mains. Little Mac, Link and Lucario are frequently used by me as well though.

lolbump

Just wanna add that Luigi's Up-B on the ground isn't insta-kill like Baseball bat or G&W Sideb with a 9. It does deal a lot of Knockback, but to really kill the enemy needs roughly ~80% (depending on his char and the stage). Jigg's Down-B is afaik the move with the strongest KB (aside from the G&W 9), and even that doesn't kill at 0%.
Spinda
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Current Project: SMB1X

PostPosted by SuperMario7 » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:48 pm

I got this game for Christmas and I really like it so far. The actual smash is awesome, especially when playing with others. I'm a little dissapointed with the rest of the game, because there doesn't seem to be much else fun to do (they got rid of tourneys and subspace emissary, which I enjoyed a lot in the previous game). But anyway, I've played as all the characters and my favorites are: Yoshi, Kirby, Robin, and Bowser. And in that order, basically.
--SuperMario7--

Super Mario Legends has been revived! Please check it out be clicking the banner below!

I support:

SuperMario7
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Super Mario Legends Part I

PreviousNext

Return to Gaming