"The Lakitus are throwing Lakitus!" secret

Come here for solutions regarding bugs or difficulties with playing or designing levels or episodes, as well as tutorials and general information and discussion.

"The Lakitus are throwing Lakitus!" secret

PostPosted by castlewars » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:56 pm

This secret "The Lakitus are throwing Lakitus!" editor tab was one of the new things in the last update of SMBX. It has all the NPCs that the editor couldn't access before, like the NPC projectiles and other miscellaneous stuff. It also has this infamous ridable airship piece that, while a skillful user may be able to use really creatively, is really glitchy.

Here's a picture of the secret tab:

The way to find this tab was first revealed to beta testers only, but it was soon found by a regular SMBX user. His way to find the tab is complicated, and this is the actual way to get into the secret tab.

1. Test the level. You can also do it after you've done the following steps, but it takes less time if you do step 5 in the real time level editor (in the testing mode).

2. Open the NPCs window.

3. Set Lakitu to Yes.

4. Change the Game selection tab to something else. It doesn't matter which one you use.

5. Place the Lakitu into the level.

6. Wait until the Lakitu throws a Lakitu.

7. The secret editor tab will appear as the Lakitu throws a Lakitu.

8. Go back to the editor mode by pressing Esc, and the tab will be there.

Note: do not place a Lakitu that throws Lakitus in a level permanently. It spawns more Lakitus exponentially, and will eventually cause the game to crash or be unplayable. If you placed the Lakitu and then saved and tested, remove it as soon as you get the tab. If you placed the Lakitu in the real time editor, either press Esc before before they crash the game or use the wariotime cheat code, turning them all into coins.

Also, here's what the secret NPCs do (in order):

SPOILER:
    Player Fireball: Falls down and poofs when touches the ground. Kills an enemy in contact.
    Link's Sword Beam: Floats in the air for a second, then poofs. Kills enemies in contact.
    Peach Bomb: Falls down and explodes when touches the ground. Kills enemies in contact.
    Ice Yoshi Ice Cube: Nothing.
    Ice Flower Ice Cube: Animates with two 32x32 pieces of the graphic as the frames when holding with the cursor, but is invisible after placing in the editor and in the playing mode. However, the player can hold it and throw it at enemies.
    Bubble: Pops.
    SMB3 Bowser Flame: Floats in the air. Hits the player in contact.
    SMW Little Flame: Floats in the air. Hits the player in contact.
    Venus Fire Trap Fireball: Floats in the air. Hits the player in contact.
    Rinka: Floats in the air for a moment, then starts moving towards the player. Hits the player in contact.
    Wart Bubble: Falls off screen. Hits the player in contact.
    Snifit Bullet: Floats in the air. Hits the player in contact.
    Blue Beach Koopa: Walks, cliffturns, kicks the shells on its way. The only difference to the one in the SMW tab is that this one can't kick the SMB3 carriable bricks.
    Larry Koopa Shell: Chases the player for a while, then turns into Larry Koopa.
    Airship piece: The player can ride it much like the Clown Car, but this doesn't kill enemies and Mario can easily fall off by hitting any sort of blocks. Quite glitchy.
    Iceflower Iceball: Falls down and poofs. Freezes an enemy in contact.
    Hammersuit Hammer: Falls down. Kills enemies in contact.
    Toad Boomerang: Flies ridiculously fast off screen. Kills enemies in contact.
    Yoshi Fireball: Flies left or right and kills enemies on its way.
    Toothy without the pipe: Disappears immediately.
    Herb without contents: Floats 16 pixels higher than the actual Herb. When picked up, the player gets an invisible object in his/her hands. When thrown, the player can jump on it and get bounced off it, and it will fall off screen. It can't hurt enemies.
    Diggable Sand: Can be dug. The only difference from the one in the SMB2 blocks tab is that the poof effect doesn't lift up. It just poofs at the place where the sand would be if the player could hold it.
    Ludwig von Koopa Flame: Floats in the air. Hits the player in contact.
    Volcano Lotus Fireball: Slowly falls off screen. Hits the player in contact.
    Larry Koopa Magic Ring: Floats in the air. Hits the player in contact.
    Hammer Bro. Hammer: Falls off screen. Hits the player in contact.
    Birdo Egg: Falls off screen. Hits the player in contact.
    SMW Lakitu: Flies around at the top part of the screen and throws Lakitus that throw more Lakitus (they spawn exponentially).
    Ludwig von Koopa Shell: Chases the player jumping a bit for a while, then turns into Ludwig von Koopa.
Most of these can also be thrown by Lakitu, buried, put inside eggs and bubbles and put in a generator.

I hope this helps. If you have any questions, post them here.
99.9% of everyone that is on this forum have a sig. If you're part of the 0.1% that doesn't, put this in your- Oh, shoot!

THE GREAT CASTLE ADVENTURE (REMAKE!)

Give this link a click to go to my NEW YouTube channel! Subscribe if you want!

Using custom graphics doesn't mean your level becomes "good". It's about how you use them.

Join http://smbediting.prophpbb.com if you haven't done so!
castlewars
Blooper
Blooper

Current Project: The Great Castle Adventure REMAKE!

Re: "The Lakitus are throwing Lakitus!" secret

PostPosted by Maury300 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 4:31 pm

Thanks for the tutorial. I remember when I discovered that secret window. I wasn't on the forums, but I really was thrilled when I saw it.
Sorry for my bad English.

Jarckius, Thanks for drawing my avatar. ^.^
Maury300
Tweeter
Tweeter

Re: "The Lakitus are throwing Lakitus!" secret

PostPosted by h2643 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:46 am

Just a note that if you use PGE Editor, you can access the tab by just clicking on it in the item menu.
h2643
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Return to Software Information