The Suggestion Thread

Any questions and concerns regarding the forum may be brought to our attention here.

Re: The Suggestion Thread

PostPosted by Magician » Fri Dec 26, 2014 3:54 am

Dark Mecha wrote:Suggestion: Featured Episode (topic)
I thought it could be a good addition to the forum a theme of "Featured episodes" which would be updated every month (or more) due to the shortage of episodes here, I was talking with SuperMario7 and Natsu about this, and they supported the idea, What episode can be featured If not many here? A few days ago I spoke with reghrhre and I asked if I can publish LFFTMK here and said that yes, we could start with that, the next month, Super Mario Legends will be finished, so we would have 2 covered episodes, if no episode that deserves to be highlighted the topic is not updated.

The purpose of this is invite users to publish their episodes here, I'd like to hear more opinions about it, What do you think?

Due to the shortage of episodes, featuring them wouldn't really emphasize them very much. You know, because being the featured out of two isn't nearly as impressive as being the featured out of a hundred, for example. It also just seems to me that publishing episodes that the community has already seen doesn't really offer much. Nor does featuring them.
I'll keep it in mind. I might do something similar, but I'll let it come to me.

I mean, for example, a potential idea for an interesting Christmas event came to me but it was way too last minute to actually put into practice this time around. So it might happen next year or so.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by krazykat » Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:03 am

Recycle it for New Year's :P
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Dark Mecha » Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:28 pm

Magician wrote:Due to the shortage of episodes, featuring them wouldn't really emphasize them very much. You know, because being the featured out of two isn't nearly as impressive as being the featured out of a hundred, for example. It also just seems to me that publishing episodes that the community has already seen doesn't really offer much. Nor does featuring them.
I'll keep it in mind. I might do something similar, but I'll let it come to me.

I mean, for example, a potential idea for an interesting Christmas event came to me but it was way too last minute to actually put into practice this time around. So it might happen next year or so.

I think I had not thought of that, and the episode highlighted would be a good idea for certain season of the year, plus practically there are only five days for the year ends, and with respect to episodes publishing the community, it is true that some do not offer too, but not in all cases, finally, sounds an honorable idea.
- R E T I R E D -
Dark Mecha
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Current Project: The Power Of Stars!

PostPosted by Turtwig » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:55 pm

Natsu wrote:@Turtwig: There are still no plans for any contest yet. There's still the need of planning a proper system first, if there actually will be any contests at all.

Also: topic5382.html

More than a month later.. is the decision still the same? If you want I could help plan this because I REALLY want it to happen ;-;
Known as MegaMan775 on Pokemon Showdown
YouTube Channel (I don't really use it anymore): JupiHornet
Or you can PM or Email me :]

On the forums:
Dimensional Mine Quest cancelled :(

But you can
COME CHECK OUT MY NEW EPISODE, THE MUSHROOM KINGDOM DIAMETRIC! WE NEED DESIGNERS!

Also planning on starting a contest once more progress is made on the episode :D

~Turtwig
Turtwig
Buzzy Beetle
Buzzy Beetle

PostPosted by Magician » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:37 am

Natsu and I have considered bringing back Level of the Month in some sort of weird form, and we're still seeing if we can come up with a potential system for it that doesn't overburden anyone, but LotM died for a reason, honestly. It was pretty much done before NSMBX even last shut down.

If you really want to see a contest happen, you can pitch your idea for one. Preferrably, make it something different from the "Community Contest" that SMBX.org does. I don't have much interest in doing anything in the same vein.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by AquaAdminShelly » Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:23 pm

Not to mention also the contest is kinda the same over and over just with a different Final Battle. It's always the make a level and it gets into Tower of "Biased"
<m4sterbr0s>But yeah, some people on the forums need to mature more.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

SPOILER:

SPOILER:
AquaAdminShelly
Lantern Ghost
Lantern Ghost

Current Project: Los Garitos

PostPosted by Magician » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:03 am

I'm mainly looking for something that people would definitely commit their involvement to. If more than a few people here come forward with something they really want to do, I'm willing to listen. It doesn't seem that there is much consensus, however.
I'm averse to commiting to something you guys don't genuinely want to do with SMBX and the forums. It would be wasted time on my part and it would benefit nobody.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

Previous

Return to Forum Discussion