What are you watching/reading?

General discussion about the latest movies and television shows, or some of your favorite classics.

Re: What are you watching/reading?

PostPosted by Kyo » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:52 am

Really? I think the Little Garden arc was relatively well-paced. Arabasta's pacing is absolutely terrible. Btw, are you at the Drum Island arc? That one with Chopper?
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Sezixor » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:10 am

The little Garden arc certainly wasn't bad, but I did feel that it was slow compared to a lot of the previous arcs that I watched. And yeah, I'm about six episodes or so past the Drum Island arc (episode 95 now). Luffy's brother Ace literally just joined the team.
Sezixor
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Current Project: Super Mario First Class

PostPosted by Kyo » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:36 am

Oh nice. Yeah that arc that you're watching is terrible, so its famous among many other fans idk why. And yeah, Ace is an amazing character.
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Hello » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:15 pm

Sezixor wrote:
Hello wrote:I gave up on TV after The Internet was confirmed better
I gave up on Anime after Gurren Lagann set a personal bar for me (Although I'm still hoping for Season 2 of Watamote)

Have you watched anything else?

My anime folder on my computer
President is obviously something else that just happens to be there

Hello
Tweeter
Tweeter

Current Project: Chicken Adventure RPG

PostPosted by Mystogan » Mon Feb 02, 2015 7:38 am

i just finished watching Fairy Tail. I'm waiting for 219 now, and am going to watch the original Naruto up to 397 of Shippuden.

that's 617 episodes for me..

Also the Celestial Spirit arc was kinda boring but the end was alright. Predictable though.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by btb » Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:21 pm

its always sunny in philadelphia
i started this gangsta shit
and this the mothafuckin thanks i get?
btb
Spiny
Spiny

Location: there's no way to tell a joke from a serious statement unless specified

PostPosted by Kyo » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:48 pm

Rainbow is love
Rainbow is life

Finished it, probably a 9/10 for me. Features the best kind of story-telling I've ever seen, and a dark, realistic, and touching story. I love those moments where the art style changes during the best and emotional moments where the narrator says things that really give you goosebumps. Awesome anime.

Sakuragi is Rainbow's Kamina, that's how people have been calling him. I like him even better than Kamina though. AllhailBro
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Sezixor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Currently on episode 231 of One Piece and I'm about to watch episode 232. It appears that it's just starting to enter the Water 7 arc.
Sezixor
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Current Project: Super Mario First Class

PostPosted by reghrhre » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:48 pm

Finished up Noragami, D-Frag, and Haiyore Nyaruko-San a few days ago. They're all average except for Nyaruko-San which annoyed me more than anything.

I'm watching (been watching it for awhile rather) Nisekoi which is also average, have 3 episodes left. A lot of things just seem average to me nowadays since they all feel generic and cliche, especially SoL series, so I guess I'm becoming prone to these generic amines; they're relatively enjoyable at least.

I also started Psyvho-Pass 2 today and I don't have much to say. Kyo told me it was super disappointing especially compared to the first series so my expectations aren't too high and I kinda feel ready to get disappointed : P

Only thing I'm watching that I really like is Kiseijuu Sei no Kakuritsu, really liking that one but I'm preventing myself from watching too much since it's still airing.
reghrhre
Ninji
Ninji

PostPosted by Natsu » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:33 am

Yeah, I agree Nisekoi is pretty generic. I originally planned to watch both seasons but after finishing the first one I felt renitent to watch the second one. As for Psycho-Pass 2, I haven't started watching it yet, but now that you all mention that it is not as good as the first one I most likely won't watch it, but who knows.

I have been watching Diamond no Ace lately and I'm around episode 45. It's good, a nice sports anime, I'm enjoying it so far, but I wouldn't say I'm too into it, from time to time I just stop watching the episode half-way through and do something else, so I guess that's gotta mean something right?

I also started watching Death Parade, and man I'm enjoying it so far. You guys should totally watch it, it's interesting and has a sort of survive feel too, although they can't, you'll see what I mean if you start watching it.

Of course I'm also watching Kiseijuu and damn it's enjoyable so far. I'm at episode 17 and I'm rather speechless about Ryouko Tamiya, reghrhre and everybody else who's watching it will understand what I mean.

As for One Piece, Naruto Shippuden and such I'm still watching them, but I still haven't seen anything that outstanding, overall with Naruto considering all the filler I get to see. On episode X I get to see part of the war arc and on episode Y I get to see some shit that happened 7 years ago I don't care about. That's what mostly makes me want to stop watching it.

And last but definitely not least Tokyo Ghoul √A, did you really think I would forget about such a masterpiece, never in my entire life! This ladies and gentlemen, is what I like to call a awesome anime, it's so interesting, so welcoming, and at the same time so terrifying in an aspect that you don't know what will happen at all, and that's what's keeping me at the urge of reading the manga by myself. If you decided to wait for it to finish airing so you could watch it in one go, good luck, if you manage to do so I guarantee you a pleasant watch!
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PreviousNext

Return to Television and Movies