Mario Kart 8/DLC

What? There are games that aren't Super Mario Bros. X?

Mario Kart 8/DLC

PostPosted by Mystogan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:59 am

I don't have Mario Kart 8, or a Wii U even, however I'm sure everyone is aware of the new DLC that's going to be release for MK8? It includes Link, F-Zero tracks, and Mii outfits of Samus all the others. Iirc.

Anyone interested? I think it's pretty cool. I would love to get it if I could.

Discuss.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

Re: Mario Kart 8/DLC

PostPosted by Pseudo-dino » Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:38 am

The first DLC pack has been out since yesterday. I purchased the season pass when it was announced, but I haven't played it yet. Looks great though.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
I think Frozen is a pretty cool guy. Eh mkaes ice and doesnt afraid of anything.
Redigit is cool.
I believe in Princess Luna as my Lady and Savior. If you do as well, put this in your signature.
Pseudo-dino
Blooper
Blooper

PostPosted by Mystogan » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:21 pm

Ah, Well I was listening to the official mute city sound track. It's damn good. You should take a listen.

here
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PostPosted by Chad » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:45 pm

I've got the DLC, and the tracks look gorgeous. They're all pretty fun and it's great to have more to choose from, but I do wish they were a bit longer. Maybe it's just me, but the laps seem to end prematurely compared to other tracks, especially Excitebike. I'll be thinking "Wow, this is great! What's next on this course?" Bam, starting line. Yoshi Circuit and Wario's Gold Mine are much better in this regard, though, and I'm quite glad to see the latter return. However, I wonder why they reused SNES Rainbow Road so soon after MK7 did. They could have just tossed the GBA version in there. It could use roughly the same graphics and gimmicks, just a different layout. Ah, well. Still, the courses as a whole are really enjoyable to play.
Chad
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Mystogan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:47 pm

So what about the FZero track? How twisty and turny is it?
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PostPosted by Chad » Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:53 pm

Quite a bit. The antigravity and turning are fairly constant, and there's floor boosters everywhere.

Also, despite my above comments, I do want to say that the pack is still very much worth the purchase.
Chad
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Kep » Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:45 pm

To be honest, I was disappointed with the DLC. All of the tracks, with the exception of Wario's Gold Mine, Yoshi Circuit, and Hyrule Field, felt really rushed. Out of all of the tracks, though, Ice Ice Outpost was the worst. Even though they took a unique twist of making the track have two different paths you could take, its gameplay was meh, and it was extraordinarily short. The F-Zero course, dragon course, and the Excitebike course were short as well. Regarding the characters, they were disappointing too. Tanooki Mario and Cat Peach? Really? That makes up a grand total of four Marios and four Peachs! It's just redundant junk, honestly. It was nice how they added Link, though.

As for the actual game and not the DLC, it's great. The only major problem with it is the roster. Characters like Pink-Gold Peach and Baby Rosalina were stupid, and I didn't like how they brought back Metal Mario, because he's overrated. Tracks are fantastic, though.

If you want a logo like what you see above this text for your project/signature, PM me!
Kep
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Current Project: Super Mario and the Cavernous Structure

PostPosted by Mystogan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 3:08 pm

Chad wrote:Quite a bit. The antigravity and turning are fairly constant, and there's floor boosters everywhere.

Also, despite my above comments, I do want to say that the pack is still very much worth the purchase.
Well at least the style was kept. F Zero GX was my favorite, and a clear example of the design. boosters everywhere and lots of turns.
If only they added Red Gazelle to Mario Kart, haha.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

PostPosted by Blueoak » Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:20 pm

It's not quite as impressive as the full game, but it's damn well good enough as DLC. I don't really see myself using the new characters often though - I'm too attached to Light Blue Yoshi. I'll probably start using my Mii as soon as I grab a Captain Falcon Amiibo though. I need the full F-Zero experience.
"The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days..."
Blueoak
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Mystogan » Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:07 pm

Right on. Iam just hoping for a new F-Zero game based off GX. That would make Nintendo complete.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Next

Return to Gaming