Changes to the Forum

Come here for all updates involving the forum.
Click here for the forum rules.

Re: Changes to the Forum

PostPosted by krazykat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:12 pm

Natsu wrote:What colour do you think it would fit?

IDK, the dark blue feels more like a "long-time veteran user" or something.
I feel like #008080 could fit.
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Dark Mecha » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:31 pm

I suggest the purple color, I think that would be a good idea use colorful colors. :)
- R E T I R E D -
Dark Mecha
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Current Project: The Power Of Stars!

PostPosted by Mystogan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:31 pm

Is that the color of the Game Masters on smbx.org?

How about we have a little contest, where people submit colors, I will change the color for one day each color submitted, and then afterwards we decide on the color of the Level Designers after that.

If that's alright with you Natsu? Because it seems everyone wants a color change. I feel like we should listen. I'll start the thread in the community episode area if this idea is okay with you.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Magician » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:56 pm

Dark Mecha wrote:Actually I think that most people who want to play a level, depending on the level quality play, not his subject, Why not organize them according to the quality of levels? sometimes it's a little uncomfortable, if you want to play a good level you must search on the many sub-topics that exits (Athletic, Ticky, Sky, etc) and echo on the screen, plus really do not think that everyone has a specific idea about the level that want play, it would be better than this categorize in another more common topics (Grasslands, desert, etc) or remove them.

Okay, I would need a lot of adequate and legitimate feedback on SMBX.org's ratings system (and for them to see that feedback as well) before I decide we should try and make one better, and I would need to see them not changing or fixing it over a long period of time, and I haven't decided how long that time period should be. Ideally I would give them adequate time to realize that they're doing it poorly (IF they are), and then fix it themselves. I don't see the point in having two forums serve the exact same purpose unless we have reason to believe it's necessary. Ideally we want people to attend both forums for different reasons.
Besides, it's up in the air if we can make one better, really. Level Judges tend to become unmotivated probably regardless of what forum they're on.

Dark Mecha wrote:EDIT: Oh, I think that this forum need a section of battle levels, I would like start with my "collection" like Mr.game.and.watch did.

You know, I didn't even think of that.
Yeah, I think they deserve to be distinguished since the gameplay is very distinct. I'll be adding that.

Kep wrote:
Magician wrote:I would need to see examples of SMBX-related things that don't fit into those categories before I consider adding another forum.

All right, a few things:
-Favorite/Least Favorite Playable Character in SMBX
-What SMBX intro do you use?
-How you got into SMBX.
-Any type of music-related SMBX threads (SMBX music suggestion thread, favorite music to use in SMBX, etc.)

Most of those are just obligatory threads anyway and I don't personally see the point in having them posted on every SMBX forum. However they can all go in Software Information, the music suggestion one especially. I think two of those are already in there.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by krazykat » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:28 pm

Aysedaesi wrote:Is that the color of the Game Masters on smbx.org?

No, it's the registered users color on my very first forum.

Here are my ideas besides that:

Blue
Indigo
Purple
Dark Indigo
Dark Purple
Plum
Desaturated Purple
Magenta
Teal
Lavender
Pink
Sexy Hot Pink
Moldy Avocado
Rotten Avocado
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Mystogan » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:42 pm

Of course if I do end up doing this, it will only be one color suggestion per user.
Mystogan
Dolphin
Dolphin

Current Project: Super Metroid: ______

PostPosted by Natsu » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:27 am

I don't see the problem on allowing people to suggest multiple colours. As for a different colour for the usergroup would be nice, as I also have been wishing for something different, I think something like Teal would work.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by Kyo » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:01 am

Dark Mecha wrote:Actually I think that most people who want to play a level, depending on the level quality play, not his subject, Why not organize them according to the quality of levels? sometimes it's a little uncomfortable, if you want to play a good level you must search on the many sub-topics that exits (Athletic, Ticky, Sky, etc) and echo on the screen, plus really do not think that everyone has a specific idea about the level that want play, it would be better than this categorize in another more common topics (Grasslands, desert, etc) or remove them.

Cons about sorting by level quality:
-It's generic. SMBX.org uses the same system, and this level is supposed to work differently.
-Who the hell is going to review all those levels?
-Levels that aren't ranked high won't be given a lot of attention.
-Some levels do not require reviews, because they are old or not serious. You review a level because you want to make someone happy, help someone to improve, but surely not waste your time on a review for someone who doesn't even need it just because it needs to be moved to a section.
And I think that's enough to prove that sorting by level quality is not a good idea.

What would be nice is to have a subforum for CC-levels, that would always be labeled by their CC and rank. For instance: [CC4 - #16] *Level*
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Cloud » Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:06 pm

Natsu wrote:Joey had nothing to do with any merge at all. The only merge that actually took place was, like Bryan said, NSMBX's, SMBX Empire and Rayweb. Before that Knux actually tried to merge NSMBX with his forum, but in the end it never happened due to ... certain events.

Not to revive (get it? smbxr? no?) a dead conversation, but he was indeed. After merging my forum with this place (which was a really stupid idea because it had a domain name that was PAID FOR at the time), it was generally agreed on that Knux would remove the SMBX from his forum and make it an AOK forum...I remember something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong. But then there was talk of Knux merging into SMBXR, which I supported at first, but then eventually I grew to not like the idea.

If it wasn't for the merge, basically, Joey would've never gotten anywhere close to where he is now. In terms of activity he's up there, but I'm getting closer to him and eventually, whether it takes months or years, will surprass him. However, this is a familiar situation - the reason for Knux's activity was because of the closing of Trekweb, and the reason for an inital wave of activity at my forum was because of Knux's forum.
Cloud
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Dark Mecha » Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Magician wrote:Okay, I would need a lot of adequate and legitimate feedback on SMBX.org's ratings system (and for them to see that feedback as well) before I decide we should try and make one better, and I would need to see them not changing or fixing it over a long period of time, and I haven't decided how long that time period should be. Ideally I would give them adequate time to realize that they're doing it poorly (IF they are), and then fix it themselves. I don't see the point in having two forums serve the exact same purpose unless we have reason to believe it's necessary. Ideally we want people to attend both forums for different reasons.
Besides, it's up in the air if we can make one better, really. Level Judges tend to become unmotivated probably regardless of what forum they're on.

I know SMBX.org forums tend not to be perfect, personally do not like this forum, but I'm not here to talk about it, I was talking with some users inviting they to be more active here, I said that publish their levels here, and they said exactly these words: "Where should I post it?" That is repeatedly, so what I try to say is that I am not the only one which is confused, as, speaking of the SMBX.org forums, what I suggest is to do something simple, make a sections of "The bests "(levels that are higher than 8.0 scores be there)" Pretty good "(less than 8.0 levels) I do not see the need to abusive category as" average" "the trash can" and others, of course, we need level judges, oh and a category for people who do not want their levels be qualified, well I still insist that the most categories are confusing and are not entirely necessary.

EDIT: What happened to the Spanish section in the forum? :(
- R E T I R E D -
Dark Mecha
Blue Paratroopa
Blue Paratroopa

Current Project: The Power Of Stars!

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements