Changes to the Forum

Come here for all updates involving the forum.
Click here for the forum rules.

Re: Changes to the Forum

PostPosted by Maury300 » Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Dark Mecha wrote:I know SMBX.org forums tend not to be perfect, personally do not like this forum, but I'm not here to talk about it, I was talking with some users inviting they to be more active here, I said that publish their levels here, and they said exactly these words: "Where should I post it?" That is repeatedly, so what I try to say is that I am not the only one which is confused, as, speaking of the SMBX.org forums, what I suggest is to do something simple, make a sections of "The bests "(levels that are higher than 8.0 scores be there)" Pretty good "(less than 8.0 levels) I do not see the need to abusive category as" average" "the trash can" and others, of course, we need level judges, oh and a category for people who do not want their levels be qualified, well I still insist that the most categories are confusing and are not entirely necessary.

EDIT: What happened to the Spanish section in the forum? :(

I agree with Dark Mecha. I've been analysand forum, and I would recommend that section of levels is more simple. In my opinion, it would be nice to see 3 sub-sections, such as:
- "The best levels"
- "Normal levels"
- "Levels of battle"
Sorry for my bad English.

Jarckius, Thanks for drawing my avatar. ^.^
Maury300
Tweeter
Tweeter

PostPosted by Spinda » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:24 am

Maury300 wrote:
Dark Mecha wrote:I know SMBX.org forums tend not to be perfect, personally do not like this forum, but I'm not here to talk about it, I was talking with some users inviting they to be more active here, I said that publish their levels here, and they said exactly these words: "Where should I post it?" That is repeatedly, so what I try to say is that I am not the only one which is confused, as, speaking of the SMBX.org forums, what I suggest is to do something simple, make a sections of "The bests "(levels that are higher than 8.0 scores be there)" Pretty good "(less than 8.0 levels) I do not see the need to abusive category as" average" "the trash can" and others, of course, we need level judges, oh and a category for people who do not want their levels be qualified, well I still insist that the most categories are confusing and are not entirely necessary.

EDIT: What happened to the Spanish section in the forum? :(

I agree with Dark Mecha. I've been analysand forum, and I would recommend that section of levels is more simple. In my opinion, it would be nice to see 3 sub-sections, such as:
- "The best levels"
- "Normal levels"
- "Levels of battle"

Have to disagree, if all levels with <8 get thrown together, the levels with scores like 7.5 will get ignored since they are in the group where also 1.0 levels are. Maybe we should make a "Good" subforum with 5 through 7.9 ratings and another one with all levels with <5.
Spinda
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

Current Project: SMB1X

PostPosted by Magician » Wed Dec 10, 2014 1:31 am

SMBX.org is the place for which levels are qualified.
NSMBX is the place for which levels are distinguished by type.

Again, until I have reason to believe that SMBX.org is completely incapable of qualifying levels, my only answer to people who ask me how to view levels based on quality will be to tell them to go to SMBX.org.

As for the confusion you speak of, people should be choosing to look up the relevant information about posting levels before asking.
On the main page:
Levels & Level Design
Post your levels in progress here! Completed levels will get sorted out. Levels completed prior to posting can be placed immediately in the subforum pertaining to their gameplay.

In the announcement post on the above forum:
Each subforum is based on a different set of gameplay elements that will be specified in the subforum's description. As a general rule, when figuring out where to post your level, try to decide which elements your level contains the most of. If you are unsure, then you can post it directly into this forum, but make sure you put LEVEL: prior to your level name in the topic title.

Dark Mecha wrote:EDIT: What happened to the Spanish section in the forum? :(

It's in the archives.
Magician
Lakitu
Lakitu

PostPosted by krazykat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:07 pm

Why not just add the scores given to the titles? You could add a Level Judge group to do that like we did on the original NSMBX.
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Natsu » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:10 pm

What purpose would there be for scores that are not used in any way? It is not that simple krazykat, it is not that simple as many of you may think. The way the level sorting works has been decided already and there are no plans of changing them or using scores in any way. Please refrain from constantly asking what has already been both decided and explained not to happen.
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by krazykat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:17 pm

No need to be so blunt about it, I was just saying that adding scores to the title of a level would make it easier to tell what you'd want to play and what you wouldn't. It's an opinion and a suggestion, I never said that's how we should sort. Magician also said the final decision wasn't final yet.
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Natsu » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:39 pm

It is not final, but it ain't going to change anytime soon either, that's what I meant to say. I know your suggestions are for the better of those who would like to play the levels here, but for the time being nothing is decided yet, that's why I asked you to stop. Nothing has been thought of yet, and time doesn't forgive either, give us more time please.
Natsu

PostPosted by krazykat » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:39 pm

OK, thanks for the clarification.
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by Natsu » Wed Dec 10, 2014 6:42 pm

No problem, if I could clarify any other doubts anyone has just let me know and if I acknowledge whatever answers you're looking for and I am actually qualified to answer said time and moment I would gladly do so.
Natsu

Previous

Return to Announcements