NSMBX is back! [END OF THE APPLICATION/NOMINATION PHASE!]

Come here for all updates involving the forum.
Click here for the forum rules.

Re: NSMBX is back!

PostPosted by loljoey » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Are you saying you're going to wipe the place, then? If so, I'd like to have the database beforehand so we can archive the history of this forum (so that it doesn't turn into what happened to Knux's forum).
loljoey
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by Magna » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:18 pm

No don't wipe the place just take my suggestion from earlier and archive everything.
Magna
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by krazykat » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Blue Bomber wrote:No don't wipe the place just take my suggestion from earlier and archive everything.

^
krazykat
Super Koopa
Super Koopa

PostPosted by XerX » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:21 pm

loljoey wrote:Are you saying you're going to wipe the place, then? If so, I'd like to have the database beforehand so we can archive the history of this forum (so that it doesn't turn into what happened to Knux's forum).

I'm not sure prophpbb allows the database to be downloaded unless we pay for premium services. (I don't even know if we can after doing so still.)

Also the plan from most of us is to not delete any of the history left here.
XerX
Dino Rhino
Dino Rhino

PostPosted by Natsu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:22 pm

Oh it is going to be archived, but "I don't know" just yet if you people are going to be able to see it. Past remains and shall remain untouched. If I'm quoting those words back there is because it depends on what the new founder actually thinks that should be done. I personally find them a bit useless, but then again an exception for some threads wouldn't hurt now would they?
Deleting a post doesn't delete an action,
if you did something wrong it shall remain as something you did wrong.
This also applies to sheets of paper, if you wrinkle them,
they won’t go back to it’s previous state no matter what you do.
While that is reality, you can compensate it being better,
not everything is lost, nothing is lost to begin with.
Do everything you can to become a better user, it’s not too late!
Natsu
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.
Amazing Flying Hammer Bro.

PostPosted by loljoey » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:33 pm

I talked to ProphpBB about databases a while back, and I believe they can give you a copy of the database upon request.
loljoey
Boo Guy
Boo Guy

PostPosted by XerX » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 pm

loljoey wrote:I talked to ProphpBB about databases a while back, and I believe they can give you a copy of the database upon request.

Alright. I don't think there will be any plans on clearing anything from the board though.
XerX
Dino Rhino
Dino Rhino

PostPosted by StrikeForcer » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:39 pm

Natsu wrote:I'm saying that all the threads here containing download links and images and all that stuff are no longer functional, with luck only a sixth part of the stuff here should still be downloadable. There's no point on keeping all that stuff for people if there is no guarantee they can download it.

Even with the DL links of graphics and projects not functional, there are some people who would want to find the author of the work (if they have the work if not see the rest of the sentence) who released his work for public use for others to enjoy using in order for that user to either give proper credit in the case of using his work for the user's own project or find another user who has the work of the author they would like to use for themselves and may possibly redistribute for preservation.

(I am StrikeForcer btw, and I need a name change to dissassociate myself from my previous username)
StrikeForcer
Piranha Plant
Piranha Plant

PostPosted by Kyo » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:39 pm

Changed your name, StrikeForcer.
Blue Bomber wrote:Can we make it so that members here who have been long enough in the SMBX community can apply for founder? This will make our list less dense and will rule out the people we know won't do a good job.

1. You don't have to be a SMBX veteran to do a good job.
2. You can't verify whether you have or have not been there for long enough in certain cases.
3. The density of the list is irrelevant. Do I have to quote Magician's post again?
Kyo
Wiggler
Wiggler

PostPosted by Pseudo-dino » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:05 pm

I am super against wiping the forum. Archival of stuff should be really important to the community overall especially since this is the oldest surviving forum now. It'd be awful to lose all that.
Love and Tolerance FTW!!
I think Frozen is a pretty cool guy. Eh mkaes ice and doesnt afraid of anything.
Redigit is cool.
I believe in Princess Luna as my Lady and Savior. If you do as well, put this in your signature.
Pseudo-dino
Blooper
Blooper

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements